World Class Assisted Living Memory Care Community is presently seeking a Part Time Cook to join our Culinary / Dietary team in Glendale, WI!
At Silverado, we give LIFE to those affected by Alzheimer's and other memory impairing diseases. We are committed to providing a homelike environment, where the residents and their families can enjoy the maximum level of independence, while achieving the highest quality of life, with the safety, dignity, and respect they deserve. Whether you are just starting your culinary career or you have years of experience, we want you to know…. Silverado is different. Our associates join Silverado for the culture and the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with residents, families and associates.
Summary of Major Functions:
- Prepares and cooks meals for the Community served.
- High school diploma, GED or educational equivalent required.
- Good verbal communication skills in order to facilitate conversations with staff, residents and family members.
- Ability to read and understand menus and recipes, substituting equivalents of equal nutritional value when appropriate.
- One year food preparation and cooking experience including, but not limited to: grilling, sautéing, broiling, frying, and baking.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with pets and assisting in the care of community pets, including, but not limited to, dogs, cats, and birds.
- Willing to demonstrate passion and ability to work with people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related disease.
Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado:
[ Link removed ]
To apply, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] or stop by our community to apply in person at 7800 N Green Bay Rd, Glendale, WI 53217.
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado has been awarded the Best Place to Work Award in both Texas and Southern California. Silverado offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth.
Learn more about our Silverado Benefits: [ Link removed ]
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
Outline Of Food Preparation
Diseases And Disorders