To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Statesville, NC 28625
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Electrical Engineer II
Doosan Bobcat NA • Statesville, NC
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location : Statesville
To create and maintain engineered designs of assigned products, systems or components to be competitive in function, manufacturing, and marketability. Assists other engineers, senior member, supervisor, or manager on projects including program plans, specifications, design, analysis, prototype, testing, evaluation, pre-production, production, maintenance of the product thereafter, and special engineered sales orders.
Role & Responsibility
Create and Maintain Engineered Designs
• Key engineer for engineering project. Lead and coordinate activities of team members consisting of engineers, designers, detailers, technicians.
• Continued development of CAD skills and knowledge of company systems.
• Create, modify and maintain the engineering design of assigned product systems and components.
• Make feasibility studies for new products or product changes as directed.
• Work with other departmental functions (service, production, tooling, marketing, dealers, etc.) in completion of assigned projects.
• Investigate the effects of approval and use of out of specification or substitute materials or parts.
• Write, direct, and analyze results of tests on prototypes and production machines.
• Investigate customer complaints, concerns and requests.
• Oversee and give direction to other product design personnel in completion of assigned designs.
• Determine and apply new techniques, materials and procedures beneficial to assigned product designs.
• Participate and assist in planning product specifications.
• Provide all technical input for product literature, decal, technical manual, etc.
• Assist in developing specifications, program plans, milestones, major reviews, schedule, etc.
• Work closely with suppliers in all technical matters. Maintain contact throughout the project.
• Identify areas requiring analysis. Follow good engineering practices and develop practical solutions.
• Identify multiple candidate solutions, perform trade off studies and select optimum solution.
Position Technical Requirements:
• Provide electrical technical input for product literature, decal, technical manual, etc.
• Work with electrical systems including: AC and DC circuits, engine starting and stopping circuits, battery charging, machine protective systems, lighting systems, mobile/stationary power generators and controls, interface with safety regulatory agencies (example: CE mark, UL, CSA, EMI/EMC), extreme environment equipment applications, and instrumentation for engine driven systems.
• Design, develop, and apply electronic control systems and control modules/hardware to machines.
• Design monitoring/controlling systems using devices such as temperature, pressure, level, and RPM sensors.
• Create and document processes that pertain to Electrical System Development.
• Work with various systems such as J1939 CAN network, various engine interface protocols, RS485, RS232 and Ethernet wired systems and basic operational knowledge of wireless data communications systems.
• Ability to perform analysis of ratings on electrical designs, electronic devices, circuits, and systems to qualify component selection and validate designs.
• Engineering-Electrical - Bachelor’s Degree
• 2>5 years of experience
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Formulate plans of action with minimal review by supervisor.
• Proficient at Pro-Engineer and/or other computer engineering tools.
• Review CAD models and design drawings.
• Use of standard computer programs for written communications. (E.g. MS word, power point, excel etc.)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in the operation of off-highway equipment is desirable.
• Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• < 10% travel
• Global Breadth – North America
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.