Mindbank Consulting Group has an immediate need for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator.
Senior Linux Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
Execute efforts supporting incremental software deliveries that could require reconfiguration and continuous restructuring / builds of the current infrastructure as new baselines are delivered. Selected candidates will initially be responsible for:
- GOTs/COTs SW installs
- Monitor system health
- Remedying problems
- Security Hardening
- Perform updates and patching
- Can be expected to work individually, participate actively on integrated teams, and lead multiple tasks, projects and/or teams.
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, take steps to resolve issues.
- Expected to perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- Provide expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- May direct multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
Senior Linux Systems Administrator Qualifications:
- TS/SCI with CI Poly Clearance Required
- Minimum of six (6) years systems administration experience.
- Experience administering Linux OS, particularly with RedHat.
- Experience with Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator.
- Experience performing system backups, maintaining archives, and data recovery.
- Good working knowledge of scripting languages (sh, bash, perl).
- Knowledge of/some experience with:
- VMWare vSphere
- VMWare storage technologies (e.g., VMDK, vSAN)
- Bachelors degree in a computer science discipline or Masters degree in a computer science discipline & 2-years LESS relevant experience or Associates degree in a computer science discipline PLUS 4 additional years relevant experience or High School diploma or GED PLUS 6 additional years relevant experience.
Why should you work for Mindbank?
Mindbank has been providing business solutions to Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies for over two decades. We provide IT Services Supplemental Staffing, Specialized/On-Demand Recruiting, Application Outsourcing Assessment and Management, Skill and Aptitude Assessment, Supplemental Human Resources Services, Vendor Management Solutions, Outplacement Services, and High-Risk Employment Issues.
Our nationwide presence offers consultants many interesting assignments locally and around the country. As a Mindbank consultant, you have choices. You advise us for which companies you are most interested in working. We never submit your resume to any company without your prior permission. You determine if you want a full-time or a part-time position, or if you would like to take time off between assignments. We want our relationship with you to last; therefore, we listen carefully to your preferences and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity.
We also offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Quality Assurance Program to ensure client & consultant satisfaction for each assignment.
- 401-K Plan
- Training Credits
- Employment Options
- Market Strength – Quality Reputation
- Our Commitment to our employees and clients
Mindbank Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Bash (Scripting Language)
Perl (Programming Language)