To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Construction Service Account Manager - Moreno Valley
Waste Management • Moreno Valley, CA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Generates revenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling approach in the retention of current Waste Management customers. Manages existing business relationships in order to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing contract agreements from previously non-contracted customers. The Account Manager will “save, secure, and convert” by handling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments during face-to-face interactions. All escalations for customer service within the defined territory will be resolved through this position.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Managing business to business sales relationships.
- Developing detailed proposals encompassing multiple services.
- Researching aspects of the waste and environmental services business.
- Attending conferences/symposiums as a means of networking and staying current with industry-and market-related information.
- Assignment management.
- Building trusting relationships.
- Providing high-impact Communication.
- Able to identify pertinent Local, County, State, and/or Federal government regulations.
- Responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new customers only.
- Manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
- Reduces lost major accounts by diffusing cancellation requests. Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for proactive account retention.Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers’ service and/or profitability.
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Devising sales approaches and solutions.
- Marshalling resources.
- Sales negotiation.
- Sales opportunity analysis.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4-years sales experience.
Experience: 1 year work experience (in addition to education requirement) in direct business-to-business sales, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- 20 hours of training with Resource Conservation and recovery Act (RCRA)
- Certifications: WM CRA
- Involved in one or more of the following: U.S. green Build council (USGBC), American Institute of Architects (AIA), Associated general Contractors of America (AGC), Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), or National Association of Home Builder.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Ability to convert customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations skills required. General Competencies Include:
- Comprehensive understanding of construction industry (phases, materials, waste, etc).
- Techniques for identifying and managing new business opportunities
- Techniques for identifying and responding to objections
- Techniques for bypassing “Gatekeepers"
- Understands the competitive landscape in the local area
- Understands “Green” influences and sustainability
- Analyze and solve problems
- Conduct formal presentations
- Able to design customized solutions that address more than just waste services
- Excellent business and communication skills
- Understands how to calculate price and amounts such as discounts
- Basic software and web-based applications
- Active Learning
- Sales Disposition
- Motivational Fit
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."