Help us serve your community when you're needed most!
The team at Family Dollar appreciates your skills, dedication and ability to rise to the challenge during COVID-19 and beyond. As an essential business during this critical time, we need you to step in, step up, and help us continue our commitment to supporting our friends and neighbors.
Branch out with a warehouse career at Family Dollar!
We are looking for hard working team players to join our amazing warehouse team. As a warehouse associated, you'll get to make a difference as a member for a squad in a fast-paced distribution center. Join us - You'll be proud to work for a successful, growing Fortune 150 Company that helps families live lives better.
Here are some other benefits:Excellent Total Compensation Package!
- Starting pay is $16.25/hour
- Opportunities to earn extra pay through incentive pay and shift differentialsOur warehouse benefit package is one of the best in the industry!
- Free health care premiums and basic life premiums for full-time associates!
- Additional benefits include dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) (eligible to enroll after 30 days) plus company match after 1 year, annual merit increases, discounted stock purchase plan, primary care giver and parental leaves. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Position Requirements Education:
- Completes the daily PIT checklist to ensure equipment is working properly and reports any defects to management and/or maintenance.
- Operates PIT equipment in a safe manner.
- Achieves set standards (engineered or productivity) on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Transports labeled freight from the dock to its assigned place for storage or shipment and completes the Daily Activity Log in order to track individual productivity.
- Replenishes the modules with correct freight that is free of damage in order to maintain quality standards.
- Assists in maintaining the workflow with the modules by removing empty pallets from pallet return slots as needed to adhere to housekeeping and safety standards.
- Ensures all freight staged on the floor is placed in the correct slot location to ensure slots are replenished with adequate merchandise.
- Reports all discrepancies concerning merchandise in the wrong slot, slot overflow, license number not on file, etc., to the proper personnel in order to maintain inventory standards and improve quality and productivity standards.
- Ensures merchandise is placed in the correct slot location by properly scanning each pallet license.
- Alerts Management of damaged racks, pallets, freight and/or spills.
- Follows set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety.
- Maintains an organized work area and promotes a safe working environment within the Forklift department.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED preferred.Experience:
Three to six months experience operating Powered Industrial Trucks in preferred.Physical Requirements:
Able to perform essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The Team Member should have adequate fitness level to meet the demands of frequent lifting, walking, standing, moderate climbing, occasional sitting, stooping and kneeling with or without reasonable accommodation. Team Member will be required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per Distribution Center requirements. Team Member must be able to operate all types of PIT equipment. Team Member may be required to operate equipment that takes them to heights of up to 50 feet in the air.Working Conditions:
Team Member will work in a non-climate controlled Distribution or Warehouse atmosphere, in which outside weather conditions greatly affect the building’s temperature although fans and heaters are used. Team Member may also be exposed to or work in a restricted space, fumes and airborne particles as regulated by OSHA.Availability:
Team Member will perform shift work and must be willing to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
Personal Protective Equipment