Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Natural Resource Manager
Serve as the Natural Resource Manager supporting an enterprise Base Operations Support contract in the Central Virginia Area. This individual will be responsible for ensuring all land-related activities comply with government regulations, including the Integrated Natural Resource Management Plan and providing technical recommendations and consultations on Natural Resource issues.
- Document agricultural and wildlife activities in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain and update the site’s Wildlife Management Regulatory Handbook
- Perform timber management/clearing in compliance with the Integrated Natural Resource Management Plan and the Forestry Management Plan
- Oversee and implement the forestry, land, and wildlife management program execution and field work as directed by the Government.
- Plan. recommend , inspect, and execute annual timber sales in coordination with the Government
- Manage the planning and execution or agricultural plantings. acreage mowing, and prescribed burning
- Perform soil test in accordance with scientific standards
- Collect, organize, and publish research data on Base game and non-game wildlife
- Implement and research projects in coordination with the Government: such as deer spotlight survey, quail call routes, mast and fisheries surveys
- Participate in endangered species coop meetings with federal and state agencies
- Oversee the maintenance or deer stands and waterfowl blinds, including procurement in replacement items
- Initiate burn permits for controlled burns by notifying the Government Environment Safety Officer and Fire Department, at least one week prior to burn event
- Oversee the protection and proper stewardship of Base wetlands and threatened/endangered animals and plant specifies.
- Perform erosion and sedimentation inspections or construction sites.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Natural Resources Management, Environmental Science, Forestry, Rangeland Management or equivalent field,
- Must possess a current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expert computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of CMMS and MAXIMO
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply