Our finance professionals at UnitedHealth Group are engaged in the important work of making health care more affordable, simpler and easier for people to access. Now, more than ever we need finance and accounting professionals like you with the financial skills and discipline to help us achieve this goal. As a Financial Consultant you'll impact millions of lives. You will collaborate with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. Your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else. You'll find that this is place where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
- Forecast P&L with end-to-end ownership of process
- Prepare monthly summary of financial results against plan
- Clearly communicate forecast financials and variances to budget to leadership
- Prepare ad-hoc requests as necessary for leadership
- Demonstrate flexibility to seamlessly reprioritize and pivot on deliverables
- Develop innovative approaches to solving problems
- Demonstrate high degree of accountability
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Collaborate in matrix environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of financial and/or accounting experience
- Experience working in dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated experience of consistently delivering results
- Financial acumen and familiarity with P&L management
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- MBA or CPA
- Financial planning and analysis experience
- Healthcare or insurance industry experience
- Hyperion Essbase, Planning and PeopleSoft Financials
- Ability to work autonomously and problem solve with little direction
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn and institute new processes
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Consultant, financial analyst, forecasting, modeling, financial statements, excel, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote