MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Production Supervisor role is responsible for safety, employee engagement, productivity, quality, and customer service on an assigned shift. This role directs and coordinates day-to-day shift activities by providing leadership and supervision. He/she understand and align business operations as he/she executes the role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives. He/she shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International’s good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Work directly with and supervise a Production team of approximately 25+/- employees.
- Direct and support activities and personal compliance in developing a safe work environment and a fostering a culture of safe performance.
- Achieve productivity goals by establishing and communicating clear goals, providing requisite resources to team, engaging the team and setting appropriate priorities / monitoring progress.
- Achieve safety goals by following defined safety procedures, encouraging involvement, following up on safety concerns, and modeling proper safe behaviors.
- Achieve desired level of engagement by providing leadership on the shift. This includes listening and responding to employee issues, taking decisive actions, recognizing excellent performance, and holding employees accountable.
- Achieve quality/waste goals by ensuring all direct reports are properly trained on their equipment, following proper procedures, performing requisite inspections, and following up on suggested improvements.
- Effectively communicates both up and down the organization on key issues (e.g. performance reviews, 1-on-1 meetings, safety meetings, monthly business results, etc.)
- Facilitate team meetings, intervene as necessary to keep the team’s goals and results consistent with company direction, and work with team members to develop their full potential.
- Initiate and conduct personnel actions such as discipline, performance evaluations, and payroll.
- Evaluate subordinate job performance and recommend appropriate personnel action.
- Administer, communicate and interpret work procedures and company policies.
- Guide and support team members in handling difficult or complex problems, and in resolving issues.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing leadership role.
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing supervisor experience working within a heatset web press (offset or flexo) or sheetfed offset press operation, or equivalent required.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree (Industrial Engineering, Production Management, Business Administration, or related field strongly preferred; or, extensive work experience in a Production Supervisory role working within a heatset web press (offset or flexo) or sheetfed offset press operation, or equivalent required in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, including train, coach, mentor, counsel, and discipline.
- Strong strategic, analytical problem-solving ability (TCC/Trouble Cause Correction)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to motivate people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, 5S or other discipline)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills with a focus on Microsoft office applications, QAD experience (preferred)
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to coordinate activities with different departments
- Strong safety orientation as per job requirements.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job, without accommodation.
- Typical Supervisor schedule consists of 12-hour day shift or 12-hour night shift – generally includes every other weekend off, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; including early mornings, nights, and/or off weekends.
- Sitting, walking or standing for extended periods of time, up to 12-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office equipment, hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas (Safety Shoes, Hearing Protection, Hair & Beard Netting).
- Working in various temperatures & humidity levels depending on building & department (not all areas are temperature controlled throughout facilities).
- Ability to work overtime (greater than 40 hours per week); Ability to work any shift, including 12+ hours, evenings, and weekends
- Designing & Managing Work: Customer Focus, Managing & Measuring, Organizing, Planning, Priority Setting, Process Management, Functional/Technical Skills.
- Making Things Happen Through Teams: Action Orientation, Conflict Management, Confronting Direct Reports, Delegation, Directing Others, Listening, Motivating Others, Drive for Results, Sizing Up People, Building Effective Teams.
- Being A Strong Role Model & Leader: Integrity, Ethics & Values, Action Oriented, Timely Decision Making, Decision Quality, Problem Solving, Standing Alone.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. URL blocked - click to apply.
Complex Problem Solving
Packaging And Labeling