We are seeking candidates to serve in the role of Scrum Master for 1-2 teams depending on circumstances. We have multiple consulting and contracting Scrum Master openings with well-known clients in the Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC area.
We will accept corp to corp or w2 contractors. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the Scrum Master:
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospective, etc.
- Provide active interfacing and teamwork with Product Owner and stakeholders
- Help guide and establish Agile best practices and help implement the proper tools
- Groom and maintain the backlog with the Product Owner
- Partner with other business units to promote Agile principles across the organization
- Represent team at the Scrum of Scrums meeting to report impediments for escalation
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Track and produce key metrics
Requirements of the Scrum Master:
- Experience as a full-time Scrum Master for at least 2 different teams for at least a year in duration
- At least 1 year of experience facilitating Scrum sprints
- Thorough understanding of Scrum practices/roles
- Effective facilitation and conflict-resolution skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
Keywords: Scrum Master, Agile, Spring Planning, Retrospectives, Servant-Leadership
Job ID: 314610
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a URL blocked - click to apply!
Scrum (Software Development)