UPMC Hamot's Pulmonology Department is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join the team! This is a Monday - Friday day shift position.
Sign-On Bonus Details:
• $7,500 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over one year of experience
• $5,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses with less than one year of experience
• Part-time positions receive a pro-rated amount, casuals excluded.
To assist in the delivery of primary health services and nursing care to individuals and families.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing care for patients and their families.
- Possesses the ability to obtain and interpret information considering age specific needs.
- Conducts interviews with patient to answer questions related to healthcare problems and provides necessary counseling utilizing all resource persons and materials available.
- Administers medications and vaccines as ordered by attending physician and keeps abreast of changes in requirements for immunization, flu vaccines and allergy injections.
- Responsible for sterilization of office equipment and ordering of stock supplies and keeps appropriate records of same.
- Performs laboratory duties assuring compliance with OSHA and CLIA.
- Identifies and communicates educational needs of patients to their physician and does teaching in these areas upon his/her request.
- Assists physician in patient examination and performs specialized procedures.
- Maintains competence through participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences with necessary documentation.
- Demonstrates Hamot's commitment to Service Excellence by understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians and co-workers and doing what is required the first time, every time by being responsible, sensitive, accurate, timely, coordinated and thorough.
- Graduate of an approved Practical Nursing programOne year clinical experience preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- Must complete licensure examination within FOUR MONTHS of hire or within one year of graduation, whichever comes first.
- Though temporary permits are valid for one year from the date of graduation, not one year from issue of permit (or until the results of the examination are known at which time it becomes null and void), UPMC requires that GNs take the licensure examination within 4 months of their start date or they will be terminated or demoted from the GN position, at the discretion of the BU.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) OR Temporary Practice Permit (TPP)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
- Basic Life Support
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Intravenous Therapy