To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7799 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Help Desk Lead
Unisys Corporation • Falls Church, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Help Desk Lead to join our team in Falls Church, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Seeking motivated individual to join information technology user support team as a senior application support analyst. You will provide technical support for employees of a large federal agency, become a subject matter expert for the software systems and be a team leader. Candidate should have a background in software application support, web application support and a passion for learning new technologies and a genuine desire to help people. Position requires that you are a self-starter with strong troubleshooting skills who will use available resources to research answers to help your customers. You will be expected to become an expert in our business domain and develop the capability to identify a wide variety of information technology issues. You will work closely with a supportive and talented team of user support, training and engineering professionals.
- Provide tier 3 support for mobile application, web site and information technology infrastructure. Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Manage on-call schedules.
- Develop material to help team collaborate and encourage information sharing.
- Handle help desk escalations through Remedy tickets, e-mail, instant messaging and phone.
- Ability to facilitate and drive the resolution of system failures on conference calls or directly with the end user.
- Troubleshooting skills to identify root cause of user reported problems for mobile and web applications.
- Understanding of software system components such as databases, application servers, service oriented architecture, system interfaces and supporting technologies.
- Ability to coordinate multiple teams from different departments to diagnose and identify causes of application and system failures.
- Thorough understanding of web browser based applications, Internet Explorer and browser plugins.
- Understanding of PC connectivity and networking such as Ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN.
- Strong experience using MS-Office, specifically MS-Excel, as a power user to produce reports, charts and analyze data.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Strong customer service skills.
- BMC Remedy.
- Understanding of web services and system interfaces.
- Experience working with infrastructure teams to troubleshoot server or database issues.
- Experience working with technical teams to identify software application changes built into new releases.
- Technical documentation experience.
- Use screen sharing technology to work with end-user to resolve problems.
- Ability to write SQL queries for ad-hoc reports.
Government Eligibility Requirements:
- Candidate must be able to favorably pass government background investigation.
- MS degree and 10 years relevant experience or equivalent required.
- U.S. Citizenship eligibility requirements.About Unisys
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.