You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
AVP, US Banks, Operational Risk Management
Responsible for supervising and executing the internal controls testing program within the first line Operational Risk Management team covering Morgan Stanley Private Bank, NA and Morgan Stanley Bank, NA, to include business process controls and IT controls. This position will assist in oversight of the team responsible for the evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of Bank related internal controls, to include remediation of control deficiencies cited by internal or external examinations.
• Execute design and operating effectiveness testing of operational controls identified by Bank management, which could include financial, technology, and/or compliance components
• Supervise and review the preparation of work papers, schedules, and summaries documenting testing and issues identified
• Validate remediation of control deficiencies, internal audit findings, Matters Requiring Attention (MRAs), etc.
• Proactively manage the control testing program to the project plan and communicate roadblocks or delays as appropriate
• Track and report key project milestones and metrics to senior management, Board and regulators as needed
• Participate in risk and control change management projects with management and provide recommendations for improvement
• Support ad-hoc Bank management initiatives in collaboration with second and third lines of defense
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field is required
• 4 years relevant experience in relevant experience in public accounting, internal audit or similar risk / testing function, minimum of two years in financial services
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and is a quick learner
• Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders/process owners
• Working knowledge of key US banking regulations
• Working knowledge of data, application, IT general and end user computing controls
• CPA, CIA or CISA designation preferred (or progress towards)
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Title: AVP, US Banks, Operational Risk Management
Requisition ID: 3227990
- Bank Management
- Bank Regulations
- Business Processes
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g35mdbl
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.