To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- HOUSTON, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Diesel Mechanic Technician
Ryder Logistics & Transportation • HOUSTON, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you’ve got to check out Ryder!
Please call or text Mike @ 518-926-0092 for more information
We are currently hiring a Diesel Mechanic Technician III in Houston, TX!
For 80 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
We are a fortune 500 company with 800 shops and 30,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture. Our employees like us so much; they stay with us an average of 24 years!!!
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
This position must be capable of performing the majority of required maintenance and service on Ryder vehicles with minimal support from others. Works with the assistance of a T4, TIC, SS or SM when performing highly technical or intricate diagnostic type repairs. Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage skill development in a productive manner.
The Technician III works under general supervision of the designated Shop Supervisor or Service Manager. Exercises some judgment and discretion in resolving issues or making repairs.
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some locations
- Must possess state license as required
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply knowledge of computer skills: PC, Windows, mouse, etc.
This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.Responsibilities
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties including:
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Diagnoses complex mechanical and electronic problems utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Completes complex and detailed mechanical inspections & repairs with minimal supervision
- Replaces defective components as instructed
- Works unsupervised on most tasks
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task.
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available.
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT).
- Acts as mentor for Tech 1 and Tech 2 levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to access and use internal and external maintenance documents.
- Other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support
- SBTIII trained within 180 days (SBT220)
- Complete 2 of the OEM On-Line diagnostic scan tool software courses as required by location fleet mi. (predominant OEM of fleet mix completed within 365days)
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.