From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.What will I be doing?
***The location for this position is remote/virtual.***
As a Lead Platform Engineer, you will be applying your technical skills to maintain or improve systems, methods, products, or techniques. You will work with build managers, architecture domains and IT disciplines as part of the Corporate Systems build team. You are a critically important technical resource deployed within the context of business IT solution delivery projects to ensure overall stability and performance of our best-in-class applications.
You will be encouraged to be fully knowledgeable regarding complex software development concepts, methodologies, and current development languages and methods. You will develop, test, debug, and document application systems to achieve the objectives detailed in the business requirements. You will bring to bear good technical and analytical skills, working closely with Build Managers, Solution and Platform Architects and multi-functional teams to use technical skill and judgment to develop solutions that meet business requirements for Hilton Worldwide applications and platforms.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain Documentum xCP workflows to support business processes.
- Serve as Documentum xCP SME to guide future business-applicable capabilities.
- Define, manage, and set standard strategy for the Corporate Systems Build organization.
- Mentor team members to facilitate and guide the growth in the IT environment incorporated at Hilton.
- Engage and work with Solution and Platform architects to drive solutions to complex problems in accordance with the strategic vision established by IT Executives.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Develops and integrates software as their main responsibility
- Assists with unit test, as required
- Provides production support by solving Incidents/Problems and participates in regular improvement efforts
- Delivers maintenance and enhancements for existing software or packaged applications
- Adheres to coding standards/procedures and participates in code reviews
- Ensures that all solution development is aligned to architectural standards throughout the Agile development process
- Assists Tester in crafting and ensuring overall integrity of the test plan
- Experience with ‘as a service' platforms or relevant hosting environments
- Direct experience crafting similar solutions to the product supported
- Agile software development and relevant processes experience
- Experience with balancing current code repositories utilized by organization
- Contemporary Agile development processes (e.g., SAFe)
- Applies software development knowledge to the current IT environment
- Agile problem-solving techniques and decision-making principles
- Works independently without significant oversight to follow requirements and develop solutions
- Ability to build a technical specification and product design from published requirements
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the technology in use to code/configure quality solutions that require limited rework and meet business/end-user needs by adhering to standard methodologies
- Learns new technologies and expands skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Seven (7) years of software development/engineering experience
- Four (4) years of Documentum xCP design and implementation experience
- Four (4) years of project management experience
- Knowledge of REST API for building modern clients and interoperability
- Travel - 10% travel
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Ten (10) years of .NET development experience
- Ten (10) years of content management solution development
- Seven (7) years of Documentum xCP design and implementation experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its URL blocked - click to apply. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Rr N Arr
W Archw W Techw