One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Schick Shadel Hospital, is seeking a talented Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Schick Shadel Hospital, a 60 bed alcohol and substance use disorder hospital located in the outskirts of Seattle, has been providing successful chemical dependency treatment since 1935. The hospital, which claims the "#1 Success Rate" in treating alcoholism, bases its success on its unique and powerful counter conditioning treatment program. The hospital provides medication detoxification and an intense, short stay addiction treatment program for alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, prescription opioids and heroin (smoked and snorted).
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a practical/vocational nurse who prescribes, coordinates, and evaluates patient care through a collaborative effort with physicians, counselors, and RN health team members in accordance with established nursing standards of care and practice for LPNs.
- Receives report from previous shifts and identifies special needs of assigned patients.
- Performs nursing activities which promote the physical, mental and emotional well being of the patient.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms and when appropriate reports patient’s condition to the Charge Nurse.
- Performs a nursing summary on patients just prior to discharge.
- When appropriate, participates in orientation of new nursing personnel.
- Keeps accurate and complete records of nursing care.
- Assists in interpreting policies and procedures to patients and their families.
- Responds to codes as part of a team of designated nursing personnel.
- Participates in annual hospital mandated in-services and required education, training and competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse.E
- Education: Graduate of a practical nursing program from an accredited school.
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an LPN in a hospital setting or skilled nursing facility is required. Prior experience in a substance use disorder facility, detoxification facility or psychiatric facility preferred.
- Licensure: Currently licensed to practice as an LPN by the Washington State Department of Health.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified