To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Engineer - 2nd Shift
KIK Custom Products • Elkhart, IN
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Elkhart, Indiana plants collectively contain 10 aerosol lines, 7 liquid lines, 3 tube lines, and 2 packaging lines. Custom Division's Elkhart's multiple plants blend, fill and package a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care, pharmaceutical, and OTC consumer packaged goods.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the assessment of quality systems and the implementation of improvement opportunities to improve the level of control and/or compliance of these systems. This role will utilize process improvement tools (including TQM, lean sigma and six sigma) to gain understanding of process performance and suggest improvement opportunities to Quality Management. This position will train and mentor employees responsible for investigations and product quality in methods for improved process performance. This is a 2nd shift position with work hours from 2 PM to 10 PM.
Essential Job Functions
- Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods.
- Devises and implements various methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, reliability and accuracy of products, processes and production equipment.
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, cost estimates and technical quality plans for proposals.
- Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
- Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications by performing statistical analyses.
- Provides input on quality to product development teams.
- Prepares reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing and summarizing data and making recommendations.
- Leads production teams in failure analysis and corrective action investigations. Mentors and instructs investigators in the use of investigative tools.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production.
- Represents company by interfacing with customers, assisting with internal and external audits.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in area of discipline is required
- 2-4 years' experience in a FDA GMP Production manufacturing environment is required.
- Pharmaceutical background preferred, however will look at experience in food packaging manufacturing environment.
- Auditing experience preferred.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!
Please visit KCM Division's website for indepth KCM info
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.