Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
- Work on challenging assignments with an internationally recognized architectural/engineering firm that includes industrial, commercial and laboratory projects while focusing on power and power related projects, which include from time to time, first-of-a-kind projects with unique requirements
- Projects include investigating, troubleshooting, and solving a wide variety of architectural and engineering issues for power plant projects, related administration and security facilities, industrial projects, laboratories, and commercial designs
- Projects include working with diverse clients including National Laboratories to implement designs that include emerging technologies and new carbon-free, planet friendly, energy sources
- Coordinate the architectural design with other disciplines, such as civil, structural, HVAC, fire protection, electrical, mechanical and plumbing
- Develop and interpret the design basis criteria and work on architectural designs to meet the functional requirements of each project
- Modify and adapt existing architectural design features to meet a variety of situations and emerging design trends
- Present architectural design recommendations and proposals to staff and clients
- Assist in the preparation of 3D electronic design models, preliminary and final construction documents and specification sections for buildings and equipment enclosures
- Conduct code and life safety analysis for complex architectural designs and develop safety reference drawings in support of the analysis
- Conduct energy code analysis so that the architectural drawings and details associated with the building envelope are consistent with or exceed the code requirements and utilize appropriate details to ensure an energy efficient building envelope
- Review and coordinate vendor submittals for conformity with construction documents
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge by way of S&L\u2019s system of processes and associated \u201cCommunities of Practice\u201d
- Provide guidance as a mentor to less experienced architects and architectural designers
- Occasional travel may be required
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- 3 D Computer Graphics Software
- Architectural Drawing
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit