For this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: Toronto,ON,Canada | , Canada;, United States
Notified is hiring a Sr Cloud Administrator to join their Global Technology Services team and will report to the Director of Information Technology. The Sr Cloud Administrator can be remote in Canada or the United States with a shift of 8:00a – 5:00p EDT.
Day to day responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, improve, and expand our internal CI/CD DevOps Tools for Product Development and Engineering teams across Notified
- Join team meetings daily and as needed and collaborate with peers and teams within the organization
- Learn to harness powerful CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-a-Code related tools at Notified to manage our Cloud tools and services
- Troubleshoot issues by reviewing information at hand, developing detailed implementation plans with automation and test details, and mentoring team members
- Ensuring the highest possible availability of live systems under your remit, including willingness to work out-of-hours in urgent circumstances
- Be on-call rotation with your peers in the team
- Adhering to company software standards and enforcing company security standards
- Perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor or team lead depending on severity and business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology, however equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Industry relevant certifications are preferred, but not required
Experience and Technical Skill
3+ years of experience in:
- Developing or implementing new Cloud solution architecture with an emphasis on networking and cloud security
- Writing infrastructure code and configuration management code with tools such as terraform and ansible
- Implementing good quality assurance practices such as unit testing for all infrastructure code and configurations
5+ year of experience in:
- Development, systems operations / support or DevOps environment required
- Hands on experience with AWS Services such as VPC configuration, EC2, IAM, EKS, load balancing technologies
- Architecting multi-tier infrastructure stacks, particularly in web applications
- Building CI/CD pipelines and other workflow automations using similar tools as our devops stack
- Administration of Linux servers in the cloud through automation.
- Scripting with Python, Bash and/or PowerShell
- Monitoring and measurements - connecting the dots through effective measurements of everything that can be measured in the interest of quality improvements and maximizing throughput using tools like New Relic, an ELK stack or similar tools
- 1+ year of experience building, maintaining or supporting managed Kubernetes platforms such as EKS
Candidates with the above, and the following, will be highly considered: Azure/GCP, Git/GitHub/Jenkins/Docker, Route53/ELB/ALB, S3/Lambda/DynamoDBABOUT US
ABOUT THE TEAM
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Our Company develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
The Company is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most – Information to Insight.
Our Company has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. Our Company welcomes and encourages applications of individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Notified® is a business segment within Intrado, and is the world’s only communications cloud for events, public relations, and investor relations to drive meaningful insights and outcomes. Our Events Cloud enables event planners, marketers, and communications professionals to create unforgettable experiences which build brand and community engagement through hybrid events, conferences, trade shows, town halls, and product launches. Notified’s PR Cloud enables public relations professionals to reach global audiences, monitor brand sentiment, send press releases via GlobeNewswire®, measure success, and drive earned media. Navigate the media landscape and tap into real-time analytics from an integrated, intelligent, and easy-to-use platform. The Investor Relations Cloud enables investor relations professionals to manage communications – earnings calls, regulatory filings, press releases, investor days, and IR Websites – to maximize shareholder value. Activate your market strategy and manage dynamic communications and regulatory requirements from one platform.
At Notified we place a lot of value in giving our clients the solutions and support they need to operate efficiently and successfully. This same desire we use to set our customers up for success applies to our employees as well. Notified is committed to helping our employees and their families maintain a healthy work/life balance, to build a financially secure future. Self-development and learning are key with all our global employees having access to our internal learning and development university DevelopU for career and skills enhancement.
- Amazon Dynamo Db
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
- Amazon S3
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Vpc)
- Amazon Web Services