To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Federal Way, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Area Sales Manager
Lennar Homes • Federal Way, WA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for managing assigned area’s sales performance, margin enhancement efforts and assembling a best-in-class sales team. Responsibilities include staffing, training and motivating the sales team and working closely with the division's operating team to ensure that goals are met in a timely manner. This role is a great opportunity for a new home sales manager with a proven track record to join one of the nation’s largest and most-respected homebuilders. #CB#LI-JS1
- Actively monitors potential future sales personnel hires by visiting competitors’ sales offices on a periodic basis, formally tracking high-potential candidates and engaging candidates when openings arise
- Interviews and hires sales representatives and sales assistants to produce best-in-class sales force
- Ensures job expectations and periodic performance goals are clearly understood by each individual team member
- Co-preps and co-leads sales meetings and formalized trainings
- Owns the CRM process and ensures engagement of sales team with use of the program
- Evaluates each member of the sales team as they prepare/maintain sales office environment and model homes, interact with prospective buyers, describe the unique customer value proposition, and enter/track information in CRM in an effort to identify areas for improvement where coaching is appropriate
- Coaches sales employees via instruction, role-playing and interactive discussion, both informally and formally using the Company’s established performance appraisal processes
- Recognizes top performers and leverages strengths in a strategic fashion to promote positivity and encourage constructive behaviors
- Proactively monitors and engages poor performers to develop weaker areas and, if necessary, moves people out when performance does not improve
- Visits competitor communities to gather market data and intelligence (e.g. pricing, product specifications, release and sales information, incentives, lot premiums, options, etc.) and provides summary reports to management
- Solicits and summarizes input from community sales team members regarding customer preferences (product, location, community, builder), traffic patterns and quality of traffic, and any other information requested or that may be helpful to management
- Works collaboratively with individual community sales representatives and division management to determine sales forecasts and closing schedules
Work with sales counselor and division leadership to create and carry out a strategic marketing plan for each community
- Work collaboratively with sales counselors to develop and maintain positive relationships with the realtor community
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience of new home sales, escrow, lending and sales training
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach both high and low performers in a structured and motivational fashion; comfortable role-playing
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- College degree preferred
- Real Estate Broker License preferred
- 2 to 3 years experience working in the homebuilding industry in a similar role strongly preferred.
This is primarily a field position requiring driving. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 50 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and telephone equipment. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.