Your Role and Responsibilities
The Marketing Services Director is a global role and is responsible for developing new business, leading marketing strategy sessions with select clients and validating resource plans and project scope during pre-sales conversations. In addition, this role is responsible for thought leadership in marketing across the global marketing services practice as well as creating and executing on sales engagement plays by industry sector.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with key decision makers at clients; experience working with C-level executives on the client side; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process in the sales cycle which include developing RFP responses; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies. In addition, maintain key partner contacts both within the industry and within IBM and maintain high-level relationships within region
- Business Process Experience: Lead executive-level discussions and workshops around sales and marketing processes, and act as the trusted advisor during the delivery portion of the project.
- Thought Leadership: Develop thought-provoking content to engage prospects and customers in the marketing services practice as well as to support our sales team in identifying and qualifying opportunities within industry sector.
- Leadership: Manage a team of marketing specialists that support the attainment of a team sales goal annually. This includes supporting with feedback, growth path and navigating the plan to attain your yearly objectives.
- Proficient Salesforce Marketing Cloud Knowledge: Experience implementing Salesforce Marketing cloud which requires a deep and rich technical knowledge of the platform.
- Deep Industry experience: Whether retail, cpg, health & life science or finance, having had demonstrated deep experience with key customers in one of these sectors.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• Director-level consulting experience or relevant management experience: 5-10 years
• Demonstrated ability to attain a team quota of > $15M as the lead sales and business development team member
• Strong client-facing skillset
• Bachelor's degree or MBA in a related area
• A wide degree of flexibility and latitude is expected
• Has rich domain experience in marketing
• Has technical knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Global Travel probable: 30-50% overall with 90% in North America
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.