Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking a Registered Nurse to provide and coordinate nursingservices within assigned residential programs in a manner which ensures thatindividuals served have opportunities to make choices; to develop and achieve;for participation in the community; for relationships with family members,friends and neighbors; for good health, a secure personal future and respectand dignity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Schedules, assigns, trains, instructs and coaches assigned direct support professionals and LPNs.
2. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and participates in the development of individual program plans.
3. Provides nursing services including executing medical regimen prescribed by a licensed physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner or dentist and restorative and/or supportive care.
4. Responsible for health care assessments, nursing care assessments and plans of nursing services.
5. Coordinates and manages individuals’ nursing and health care needs, planning and linking with other health providers and ensures that medical needs are adequately met and maintained.
6. Oversees administration of medications as prescribed and accurate documentation; monitors effects of medication and the overall regimen.
7. Coordinates support nursing personnel activities.
8. Maintains records, reports, & notes as required and coordinates records with other health care providers.
9. Responsible for the control of communicable diseases and infections through identification and assessment, reporting of communicable diseases and infection in accordance with law and implementation of appropriate protective and preventative measures.
10. Provides first aid as needed.
11. Administers immunizations and maintenance of such records.
12. Provides education and training on health issues and provides consultation as assigned.
13. Coordinates pharmaceutical services; oversees storage of medications and inventories and maintains supply of drugs, supplies and equipment.
14. Participates in staff training, in-services, committees and meetings as required.
15. Maintains equipment and environment according to standard practices of infection control and participates in maintaining safety of work environment.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which the nurse practices.
- Current Health Certificate (per facility Registered Nurse (RN) contract or state regulation).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- Current BLS card.
- One year prior Registered Nurse (RN) experience preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities preferred.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Registered Nurse Certified