A solid manufacturing client of ours is in need of multiple Senior Test Technicians. The following requirements are necessary:Summary
: Ensures that final circuit boards are operational and troubleshoots, repairs or reworks as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- perform class 1, 2, and 3 tests with minimal training
- troubleshoot all assigned assemblies, including complex circuitry
- read and interpret schematics/prints related to assigned manufactured boards.
- use the Test Troubleshooting database to input information, and utilizes information already there from previous debug
- perform test equipment repair and enhancements
- conduct analysis of failure trends and communicating trends in manufacturing and component failures to ME
- review Post Wave Instructions prior to rework for any special requirements such as Solder, Baking, Tools, IPC class and Specific Instruction
- perform set ups of test equipment
- test and repair microprocessor circuitry
- complete applicable paperwork
- read and interpret schematics/prints related to assigned boards
- properly complete shortages/overages and able to determine the disposition of NCM per QP6/4-01 and QP11-10--01
- identify work order number, assembly number, assembly revision
- identify an ECR or pink change order when in folders, and knows to stop and able to determine required actions for ECRs
- use computer to finding stock locations, part availability, and "where used" inquiries
- locate manufacturing instructions and test procedures
- identify and operate electronic test equipment (DMM, power supply, oscilloscope)
- properly install and remove ICs from sockets to avoid damage
- use good computer skills to start, select program and properly shut down a computer
- follow a test procedure and recognizing electronic values, such as volts, amps, ohms, farads
- follow process for 1st piece and in process inspections
- properly complete a test failure tag and make test tally entry per (SOP12/1-02)
- perform team member training per QP10/1-01 and applicable SOPS and test procedures
- determine defects that could potentially be found at AOI and understands the importance of returning assembly for re-inspection
- set up and operate BP programmer per (SOP 7/2-104), if applicable
: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Team Member must be able to maintain confidentiality and have good judgment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and required physical activities. A pleasant professional image is expected at all times. Team member will be expected to exhibit high ethical standards and promote the same within the company. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Team Member is considered certified at the senior level because all items below have been verified at the excellent understanding level.
- AA in electronics and a minimum 4 years of experience; OR, 4 years of proven experience troubleshooting and repairing electronic products and successful completion of Senior Test Technician Test with passing score of 70% or above
- solder certified to at least the rework level (Category 3) of applicable type of board (SMT or TH)
- all material handling techniques to avoid damage to assembly and components as well as to team members
- test area tally sheet and entry requirements
- observes proper lifting techniques when handling test fixtures
- MSDS sheets, their location, and demonstrates proper handling precautions when working with process chemicals and materials.
- knowledge of analog and digital test equipment
- the proper set up and operation of the thermal transfer printers and can navigate the Easylabel label printing program
- calibration label paths associated with Easylabel software
- the function of test equipment (o-scopes, complex set ups)
- requirements and properly follows procedures for handling and storing moisture sensitive devices (MSDs)
- after initial testing all boards must be stamped, depaneled, etc. as stated in manufacturing instructions during downtime phase of subsequent assemblies
- pressing on BGA's is not an acceptable practice for troubleshooting and will cause cratering
- component ID training
- completed quality systems training
- all safety and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) requirements of the area
- principles of ESD and uses ESD precautions in material handling
- inventory control methods (i.e. shortages, NCM process, and understand of work order system)
- completed IPC workmanship training
- all material transactions within computer (inventory audit trails)
- ECR database
- ITAR restrictions when dealing with badges and ITAR related materials and documentation
- the 6S system (Sort, Simplify, Sweep, Standardize, Self-Discipline, Safety) and adheres to and encourages others to comply with the principles
- the Green Sheet program and our efforts to continuously improve
- the company’s mission statement, quality policy and performance metrics and is capable of explaining them to team members (senior/specialist).
Computer Control Systems
Proportional Integral Derivative (Closed Loop Control)