The Heico Companies is a leading family office / holding company located in downtown Chicago. The Company focuses on buyouts of middle-market industrial businesses. Heico’s diverse portfolio consists of over 40 separate companies with aggregate revenues in excess of $2 billion across the manufacturing, construction and industrial services markets. While similar to a private equity fund, The Heico Companies is differentiated by its proprietary capital base that allows the flexibility to invest for the long term. The Heico Companies targets well performing strategic acquisitions that complement our current operations or strengthen our overall portfolio.
Based out of downtown Chicago, the Associate will support The Heico Companies’ activities to originate, analyze, diligence and close new acquisitions of manufacturing, construction and industrial service businesses. The Associate’s work product will be used to present investment opportunities to Heico’s investment committee, as well as to Heico’s lenders and senior executives. On a daily basis, the Associate will work with Heico’s investment team as well as its C-Level and operating management executives.
- Assist investment team in conducting financial analysis and modeling.
- Perform detailed financial, market, and operational due diligence.
- Utilize resources and prior experience to conduct in-depth market research and new target identification.
- Prepare PowerPoint based presentations of research and analysis findings
- Organize and manage information flows among multiple deal process participants
- Keep abreast of operating platforms’ and Heico’s priorities and initiatives to ensure target identification strategy and acquisition planning is responsive to organization needs.
- Assist with special projects as designated by the investment team or senior executives.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or relevant curriculum
- 2-4 years’ experience in banking, investment banking, private equity, or financial analysis
- Self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced working in team environments
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong accounting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills