System One is currently seeking experienced Senior Buyers for direct hire positions in North Falmouth, MA. This is an excellent opportunity to have a career with an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of undersea technology products. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of experience in purchasing of materials and sourcing within a low volume, high mix highly engineered manufacturing environment, and experience with ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment. Fantastic benefits package, competitive pay and relocation assistance is available. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply now for immediate consideration.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for negotiating and procuring materials, equipment, and supplies from approved suppliers, as well as identifying alternate sources of supply. This position relies on pre-established guidelines and instructions to perform the job. The successful candidate will function with minimal supervision using common procurement concepts, practices, and procedures through an official spend and approval matrix.
A Senior Buyer is expected to have a high degree of comprehension in MRP as well as one (1) or more procurement category or commodities. This position will also assist with the development and execution of strategic initiatives. This position reports into the Sr. Supply Chain/Planning Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with suppliers, engineers, and other departments.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with suppliers.
- Analyze and process MRP requirements.
- Request, evaluate, and negotiate quotes/contracts.
- Identify and evaluate new sources of supply.
- Receive, review, and execute purchase requisitions.
- Process and execute purchase orders in accordance with company policy and spend/approval matrix.
- Ensure procurement specifications, drawings, and supplemental info is properly transmitted to suppliers.
- Maintain and monitor inventory levels within scope of procurement responsibilities.
- Assess supplier performance for contracts and purchase orders.
- Expedite orders and provide status updates as required.
- Coordinate, conduct, and participate in cross functional team meetings to investigate and recommend continuous process improvement, strategic initiatives and/or cost reduction projects.
- Provide statistical data and reports to support cost reduction and/or continuous improvement goals.
- Perform system maintenance within scope of responsibilities.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies as required.
- Monitor Non-Disclosure agreements for modification and/or renewal.
- Understand MRP driven demand and how it relates to sales orders and/or material requisitions.
- Possess a high degree of comprehension of one (1) or more procurement category or commodity.
- Assist with training and mentoring of Buyers and other Procurement Department support staff.
- Candidate must possess U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. Person.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in the purchasing of materials and sourcing within a low volume, high mix highly engineered manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Excellent organization, leadership and communication (written and verbal) along with presentation skills to effectively interface with all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- CPIM or CPSM certification.
- Procurement experience in manufacturing, preferably in an engineered to order environment.
- Experience in the development and negotiation of long term supplier agreements.
The physical/mental demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional lifting up to 30lbs to include, laptop computer or inventory parts.
- Travel up to 10% of time via Air/Train/Boat/Automobile for up to 24 consecutive hours.
- Professional office environment.
- Occasional work in manufacturing area internal or during supplier visits.
- This position requires periods of working behind a desk, performing tasks on computer.
- Considerable periods of standing or walking throughout the facility to interface with other associates.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Coaching And Mentoring