This position will report to the Systems Team Supervisor. This position requires adaptability and comfort to work on different initiatives, and with many different teams (i.e. applications team, network team, etc.) providing leadership and creativity to tackle all obstacles. The Systems Engineer should be comfortable performing as an SME in any Microsoft-related enterprise services, Cloud strategy, PowerShell/automation techniques, experience with virtualization/VDI, monitoring/operational health management, and have best in class troubleshooting abilities. This position will work closely with vendors and consultants as well as other IS&T and MFA business units to develop and implement technology solutions where appropriate. This position will need to be a self-starter, able to drive process improvement, and have experience with ITSM best practices as well as project management abilities. There may be occasional travel for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical/strategic expertise to Infrastructure systems/application roadmap, taking ownership of large and small scale assigned projects and performing leadership roles to drive into production.
- Perform as operational Infrastructure leader for peers, contributing to continual improvements of ITIL/ITSM/Business Continuity efforts.
- Work with partners as well as other IS&T/business units to methodically identify incidents/problems of existing Infrastructure services and provide ownership and direction to resolution.
- Create and maintain a knowledge base with common problems and resolutions and all documentation around system configuration contributing to the IT infrastructure units to drive SLA maturity/efficiency.
- Provide direction, guidance, and support for Solutions Center team members, Ancillary Application Team members, as well as other IS&T team members, assisting with troubleshooting as well as interviewing IS&T staff members driving overall team ability.
- Occasional travel to remote sites/offsite Datacenter on an as-needed basis
- High school education is necessary.
- One to two years of college study that included courses in computer sciences, statistics, business administration, or mathematics is desirable.
- Needs a good software knowledge and working knowledge of software and hardware configurations.
- Minimum seven years experience working with Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Minimum seven years’ working in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Minimum three years experience working with Microsoft System Center solutions
- Minimum five years working with enterprise backup solutions such as CommVault, Veam, etc.
- Minimum five years working with VMware virtualization technologies including Workspace ONE and Horizon 7.0
- Minimum five years working with EMC SAN technologies
- Minimum five years’ experience working within a cross-functional team environment in Operations and/or Engineering
- Minimum three years experience with scripting/automation languages such as PowerShell, batch files, etc.
- Minimum three years experience working with Office365 hybrid Exchange environment
- Minimum two years experience working with Database/MSSQL technologies in a systems administrator capacity
- Experience troubleshooting technical hardware and software issues in systems, applications, network, and security capacity.
- Active Directory Group
- Batch Files
- Business Administration
- Business Process Improvement