To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Services Associate
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide diverse administrative support to Financial Advisors (FAs). To provide through various media channels information regarding Navy Federal Financial Group (NFFG) products and services to clients/potential clients, third parties (e.g., merchants, financial institutions, etc.) and employees. To establish a positive member experience, optimal satisfaction and retention, meet and growth goals while ensuring compliance to federal, state and agency regulations, industry standards, and Navy Federal processes, procedures and standards.
• Initial point of contact for inquiries, verify caller identity using Customer Personal Identity (CPI) process, and/or documents/informs management of potential breach of account security
• Determine client/potential client need/request to meet with FA, research inquiries, overcome objections and/or transfer to appropriate registered staff or designated area
• Independently/proactively makes outbound calls to members, wholesalers and back office personnel to resolve rejected paperwork issues and schedule, confirm and track referrals and appointments
• Assess and determine appropriate resolution/response to challenging and/or sensitive situations using appropriate interpersonal, customer services, confidentiality skills and compliance knowledge
• Review all/assigned client account(s) and activities, assess needs, apply targeted questions to research/respond to inquiries, create cross servicing opportunities and increase product penetration
• Review accounts to identify irregularities, potential fraud and abuse governed by BSA/AML and notifies management and appropriate areas to take action
• Participate in packaging/mailing, tracking and recording results of post-interview surveys to members/clients
• Execute, as directed by management or FA, advanced account set up and changes, prepare account portfolio reviews and account hypotheticals, and ensure recordation and retention following NFFG and industry processes and procedures
• Prepare and review client paperwork pre and post appointment, ensure paperwork is accurate, complete and current with industry and agency regulations
• Keep current, with federal, industry or agency regulations, Navy Federal security updates, fraud alerts and NFFG compliance, policies and procedures, new products and services, system changes, and current marketing efforts
• Interpret/explain regulations, instructions and procedures on NFCU and NFFG products and services to clients, third parties and Navy Federal staff accurately, clearly and in an understandable manner
• Schedule, coordinate, participate and track expenditure, new business, and appointment results from various marketing initiatives to NFCU membership
• Conduct group and individual training for NFCU branch team members
• Assist in training and onboarding new NFFG team members (FSA, FSC)
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Current and active FINRA Series 6, 7, NASAA Series 65 or 66 (and NASAA Series 63 in states where required) registration and Life & Health Insurance License
• Experience in an administrative support capacity, preferably in member/customer service or financial services
• Familiarity with financial transaction/processing related responsibilities
• Familiarity with financial institution and lending practices, principles and regulations
• Working knowledge and use of multiple systems to reference/record account information and conversations regarding member interactions, needs, and account activities
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Effective skill interacting with staff, management, vendors and members diplomatically and tactfully
• Advanced customer service focus and relationship management skills
• Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure while dealing with internal & external members/customers
• Effective skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Ability to interpret and explain regulation, instructions and procedures
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective skill performing mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
• Working knowledge of products, services, processes, requirements, and systems related to the business unit
• Effective skill in comprehending, analyzing, applying and communicating complex written legal documents
• Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Experience with managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Effective skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Working knowledge of investment and insurance products
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Management or related discipline or related professional experience
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal/NFFG products and services
• Knowledge of Navy Federal/NFFG organization, programs, policies and procedures
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Hours: Monday – Friday; 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability