To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Ram Tool Construction Supply Co.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Ram Tool Construction Supply • Birmingham, AL
Posted 26 days ago
Admin - Clerical
AR / COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE - BIRMINGHAM, AL Dynamic company seeks AR / Collection Representatives to embark on a successful career in our Corporate Headquarters. Motivated and energetic people with a sense of urgency will have the chance to join Ram Tool Construction Supply Co., the largest family-owned distributor of specialty commercial construction supplies in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Texas. Ram Tool has a vast product line with 90,000+ unique items to sell and over 90% of deliveries made within 24 hours. The AR / Collections Representative will communicate with customers concerning account issues and past due balances; will ensure lien rights are protected for applicable customers; will apply certain payment transactions; will handle customer short/over pay situations such as sales tax, duplicate payments, pricing issues, and product returns. The AR Representative will be responsible for account resolution and other AR functions. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate collection activities for aged balances on customer accounts to ensure that payment expectations are met
- Perform processing activities for assigned accounts (posting payments to clear open items, resolve short payments, credits, etc.)
- Monitor credit limits on assigned customers and review/approve credit holds as needed
- Maintain customer files that may include address changes, contact information, credit applications, Dun & Bradstreet report, tax certificates
- Ensure customer service matters are addressed promptly, such as, account in inquiries, resolve disputes or discrepancies, and provide adequate follow-up
- Familiarity with state lien laws; gathering of data for lien notices; and providing lien waivers
- Timely escalation of problematic customer accounts to appropriate management
- Experience with Business-to-Business (B2B) collections is preferred; experience with Business-to-Consumer (B2C) will be considered
- Ability to perform work with attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, and sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Ability to handle confidential information in discreet and professional manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership of the process
- Experience with Lien Waivers and Lien/Bond Rights is preferred
Job ID: req1162
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.