To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hamilton Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Structural/Transportation Department Manager
Michael Baker International • Hamilton Township, NJ
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker International has addressed bridge design, construction and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, Michael Baker International, ranked Number Five by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on a full spectrum of bridge types-from conventional grade separations to major, complex river crossings, including trusses, arches, box girders and cable-stayed bridges.
The Structural/Transportation Department Manager is responsibility for the Bridge Design, Bridge Inspection and Geotech groups; which includes a staff size of 40 engineering professionals in multiple offices. The selected candidate will perform technical oversight, staff development, contract management, technical and cost proposal development, project performance and client management for targeted statewide clients.
- On most days, you will collaborate with the National Bridge Technical Services Manager, as well as structural engineering managers from other Michael Baker offices around the country, and will be part of a dynamic team responsible for expanding the structural engineering practice currently servicing state, county, and municipal clients.
- On some days will prepare technical and cost proposals to win work.
- Some evenings will be spent at professional society meetings; where you will work to develop and maintain relationships with key clients, teaming partners, and potential technical staff hires.
- On most days you will also manage structural engineering projects for transportation or other clients.
- You’ll need a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering as well as a master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Management, or similar degree and 15 years of bridge related design experience. We would prefer if you have 5 years of project management experience as well. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience with New Jersey DOT, New Jersey Turnpike Authority, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, New York State and NYC DOT design standards.
- You should have experience with road and/or rail bridge rehabilitation design, seismic analysis, and rating analysis. Experience with other transportation/infrastructure agencies located in the Northeast is also desired. Specifically, project management experience with NJDOT, NJ Turnpike Authority, New York State and NYC DOT, and/or PANYNJ; experience managing projects involving multiple disciplines such as roadway, drainage, geotechnical, environmental, etc.; and experience supervising the execution, financial performance, and quality assurance of multiple simultaneous projects is desired.
- You will need a New Jersey and New York P.E. or the ability to obtain within 6 months. Having a Connecticut PE registration is a plus.
- To be successful, you’ll need to be bright, organized, goal oriented, quality focused and determined; you’ll also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people. You will need excellent time management skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to long term success in this role.
- You’ll need to be able to quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company’s service offerings, and the client standards relevant to your projects.
- Naturally, you’ll need excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- You will need excellent client management skills; demonstrated ability leading and managing the design and detailing of complex transportation structures, with an emphasis on experience and knowledge of the design, analysis, inspection and maintenance of highway and railroad bridges.
- You will have experience with and understanding of AASHTO LRFD design and complex structural analysis software such Midas including and CSi Bridge.
- You will possess established client and colleague relationships and a willingness to help lead proposal efforts.