To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lewiston, ID 83501
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Central Garden & Pet • Lewiston, ID
Posted 23 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will lead the AP team within the Shared Services center on an on-going basis with an eye toward continual improvement and cost-effective delivery of services. This position is responsible for supervising Accounts Payable (AP) employees and processes. This position will play a key role in identifying and implementing process improvements, building/maintaining cross functional relationships, and compliance with Company policy, procedures and SOX controls. Importantly, this leadership position is responsible for the building, training, management, development and mentoring of a large team.
This position will be located in Boise, ID. A small lump sum will be offered for relocation purposes for the right candidate.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Supervise team recruitment, training and transaction processing of various business units
- Provide process improvement to drive efficiency and throughput
- Responsible for people management, process, policy, systems, performance management, fiduciary and business partnering
- Continual process improvement including strategy, execution and change management
- Supervise the Payable portion of Procure-To-Pay (PTP) process
- Works closely with the Procurement team to ensure an efficient overall PTP process
- Supervise 10+ AP team members. Perform all aspects of personnel management for direct reports including training, supervising, coaching and administration
- Interact with all levels of Central’s management including senior and executive management
- Manage to department budget with an eye toward continually reducing the cost per transaction
- Assist in establishing and publishing weekly, monthly and quarterly AP metrics along with development of the requisite tracking systems
- Supervise the tracking and monitoring of the accounts payable aging
- Track and support team quality metrics and performance
- Assist in managing the overall reporting and monitoring of the Company’s DPO
- Supervise team and AP Operational processes:
- Resolution of all vendor payment dispute issues together with Procurement. Requires partnering with Procurement, Supply Chain, Commercial, Corporate Finance and other parties to resolve all vendor invoice issues and bring to closure
- Local Tax and Statutory support – deliver all required legal/statutory tax documents
- Assist in managing the AP Strategy and Architecture
- Design and implement strategic process and system architecture
- Deliver processes to support business model, as needed
- Develop, implement and maintains systems, procedures and policies for AP to ensure adherence to Company policy and efficient, cost effective processes
- Develop, update and maintain AP policy and process manuals
- Assist in managing monthly close of AP area providing support to Central finance for required accruals
- Support for project accounting data entry
- Financial audit support and leadership for AP area
- Responsible for compliance with AP’s SOX controls
- Vendor management of 3rd party services in the AP area. Continually looking for efficiency and cost- effective delivery
- Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; schedules and approves overtime; takes disciplinary action, as necessary, etc.
- Develops, interprets and ensures the consistent application of the organizations’ policies
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
Education Requirement and Years of Experience
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration (preferred)
- 3+ years leadership experience in AP with track record of process improvement and efficient delivery of services
- Demonstrated change management skills
- Demonstrated accomplishments in developing and implementing process improvements and measuring the success of desired outcomes
- Must have worked with large national or regional company with large volumes in an AP capacity
- Demonstrated ability to lead a heavily metric driven organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with large vendor base
- Strong understanding of internal controls including SOX requirements for AP
- Consumer Products experience, preferred
- Experience in shared service environment, preferred
- Knowledgeable with SAP preferred
Other Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to partner with management and ability to influence across multiple functions and levels within Central
- Strong Leadership and communication skills
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to drive continual process improvement and to set and achieve goals
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Other – candidate should have the highest integrity and character, possess veteran finance credentials and seasoned business sense, convey a strong presence, be effective in many leadership styles, and be a skilled influencer. Must be able to manage process, drive effective resourcing model, and manage a variety of 3rd parties using effective vendor management
- Corporate office environment with frequent use of phone and PC
- Travel – 0-25%based on the business need.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law