Maxim Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse to assume the responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for post-partum and newborn patients. The nurse demonstrates ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision. The nurse demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care.
Location: Plymouth, MA
Anticipated Start: ASAP
Hours/Shift: 36 hours/week, Days
Compensation: $42-44/hour (dependent on experience)
Certifications: BLS, NRP
Position: 13 weeks to start
Experience: 2 years’ experience required
Other: 1B Nursery Unit
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides nursing care to the post-partum and newborn patients.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Perform admitting assessments, review history and develop plan of care.
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Completes patient/family education as required.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Promotes interpersonal relations with patient/family/significant others; hospital healthcare co-workers; and physicians.
- Uses effective communication skills with all contacts while being objective and sensitive.
- Communicates pertinent information about patient, nursing unit, and activities as appropriate.
- Represents Maxim in the hospital setting in a positive image.
- After accepting a Maxim hospital assignment, arrives at the hospital on time, before the scheduled shift starts to sign-in at the nursing office and report to the unit/floor for orientation and/or report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Registered Nursing license within the state of practice.
- Minimum of one year mother / baby experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year acute care experience within the last 3 years preferred.
- Current BLS Card.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or chest x-ray.
- Full command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively use the nursing process.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations