To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hood River, OR 97031
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Mechanic - Hood River
CRH Americas Materials • Hood River, OR
Posted 1 month ago
Job ID: []
Hood River Sand, Gravel & Ready-Mix, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Shop /Hood River
Inspects, repairs, services and maintains gasoline, diesel powered and electronically operated mobile equipment. Performs skilled mechanical diagnosis, maintenance and repair work on vehicles and heavy equipment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains equipment.
- Inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective engine parts and subassemblies.
- Tests equipment after repairs to ensure operating efficiency.
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Should have skills in basic fabrication
- Perform record keeping of time and parts used on the web based computer programs.
- Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Assist other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of vehicles
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous fleet equipment experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, CDL Class A or B within 12 months of employment.
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate machine controls.
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- Must have basic computer skills, able to use web based programs.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Must provide own tools, the company will provide specialty tools.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Be willing to work overtime and weekends/holidays as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company policies or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Terra is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.