To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Blue Bell, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kencrest Services • Blue Bell, PA
Posted 1 month ago
KenCrest, a leading provider of services for individuals with developmental disabilities in PA, DE and CT, is looking for a critical component to our agency in our quality department as an Incident Specialist. The Incident Specialist must have a reputation of honesty and credibly, the ability to provide reassurance to individuals involved in an incident and the confidence to objectively summarize the factual findings of each investigation.
This position requires the employee have critical thinking skills and think like a historian when creating an investigation that is thorough, organized, and competently conducted. This employee must understand that they represent the integrity of KenCrest and must strive to uphold a high standard of ethics and trustworthiness. At the conclusion of each investigation, the position will participate in the process of discussing findings with Supervising staff, Human Resources, or other designated Management, monitoring the implementation of the Plan of Correction and tracking trends and data for inclusion in our quality initiatives.
- Conduct investigations as assigned in response to incidents that have occurred in our programs within required timeframes for completion.
- Identify and thoroughly document statements of the identified target and all persons involved.
- Use various types of interviewing skills incorporating versatile techniques to address the needs of each individual being interviewed.
- Preserve evidence as outlined in the ODP Investigators Manual.
- Maintain communication with Program management during and at the conclusion of investigation as needed.
- Include additional support departments in the investigation process when necessary.
- Represent KenCrest at local or statewide meetings to receive updates on pertinent information, share Incident Management data, etc.
- Serve on behalf of KenCrest as an expert and authoritative witness if required to appear before a hearing officer, arbitrator, jugde, etc. concerning an investigation conducted.
- Participate in the quarterly Certified Peer Review Process and proivde guidance regarding investigation outcomes.
- On a rotating schedule, accept calls at night, on weekends and holidays and initiate an investigation as needed.
- Guide staff using good judgement when determining what situations should be considered reportable and which are investigable.
- Assist identified incident reporters in ensuring compliance with regulatory procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services
- 5 years of experience working with persons with varying disabilities or High School diploma with 8 years' experience working with persons with varying disabilities.
- Current Certified Investigators Certification from ODP required upon employment and must be maintained for continued employment - 1+ year experience preferred.
- Acceptable criminal and child abuse clearance in accordance with state requirements.
- Valid driver's license.
Full - time
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
KenCrest offers a wide variety of benefits for full time employees including Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off and more. Please see the KenCrest website for additional details.