We are looking for RN’s and ORT’s to join us as we grow our Surgery Department! Our Surgery expansion supports current and future technology in our new OR suites and OR Hybrid Room. Four new operating suites, equipped with modern technology and equipment, have been added, as well as a hybrid operating room.
Our Surgical Services department includes Surgery, Surgery - Preop/Postop, Open Heart, PACU and Outpatient Surgery Center.
We welcome you to join the Surgery Team as a Certified Operating Room Tech/Surgical Technologist. You will be responsible for ensuring necessary instruments, supplies, and equipment are available for a variety of surgical procedures. The Technologist should be familiar with various instruments and equipment used in the surgical setting and able to demonstrate competency with using each. He/she should be able to anticipate physician needs using preference cards, communicating with the physician, and utilizing other available sources of information to coordinate providing the necessary items to complete the procedure. Assisting the physician with the surgical procedure, proper instrument handling, and maintenance of a sterile field are all part of the role. The Technologist should have a solid understanding of aseptic technique and instrument processing. Assists the circulating RN with miscellaneous duties as directed by the RN.
- High School or GED Minimum
- Other: Completion of a recognized Operating Room Technician Program. Minimum
- 1 - 3 Years Preferred
- Healthcare Provider CPR – (American Heart Association or American Red Cross ONLY) Minimum Upon Hire
- None Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting Minimum Upon Hire
- Performs job duties in a manner to consistently improve the patient experience and minimize delays. Supportive of others involved in patient's care. Assists the patient and family with coordinating care to meet individual needs. Facilitates patient flow thru the department processes. Demonstrates organizational skills and plans ahead.
- Consistently demonstrates cost savings activities: Minimize supply waste. Demonstrates productive use of time. Offers suggestions for cost savings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of departmental information by: regularly attending staff meetings, reading email information, attending departmental in-service offerings, reading communication books, reviewing available literature and resource material.
- Able to respond to emergent situations in an effective manner and willing to cross-train to other areas / departments.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective conflict resolution skills. Step 1: addresses issues with individuals involved in a courteous and professional manner Step 2: escalates issues to appropriate Department Director, as necessary
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
- Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued PTO
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal Insurance
- Collaborative professional work environment
- Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
- Tuition Reimbursement so you can achieve your educational goals (up to $5,250/year)
Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based on position.
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something special…something with a purpose. We want the best and brightest health care professionals who are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. And we are committed to continue to give our associates growth and developmental opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work environment to do their best work. We all strive to help each other as a team to deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe Health, we believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of everything else.
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life, from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties, including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home health and hospice.
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100 Hospitals.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC and MCMC four-star ratings in 2021.
- One of Ingram Magazine’s “2020 Best Companies to Work for” (large employer category) and one of the “Best Hospitals in Kansas for Nurses” (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for YOU to join our team today!
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Health Facilities
- Health Care
- Surgical Procedures