To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbridge Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer
Icor Associates • Woodbridge Township, NJ
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Plumbing Fire Protection Engineer
ICOR Consulting Engineers is currently seeking an experienced Plumbing Fire Protection Engineer to join our team in Iselin, NJ 08830.
Who we are:
ICOR Associates was founded in 2002 by Partners and senior staff from one of the world’s leading consulting engineering firms. Our goal was simple, to create a company with a single-minded focus on the needs of our clients. Toward that end, we have selectively assembled a staff of professional engineers and designers with unparalleled experience and management skills.
About the role:
As a crucial part of the design team, this individual will work along-side senior designers, other professionals and clients to design plumbing and fire protection systems for high-rise residential and commercial office buildings, health care facilities, theaters and education facilities in the Tri-State area with a focus on NYC projects.
What you’ll do:
- Working with senior P/FP designers, develop design documents for building sanitary, waste, vent, domestic water, storm water, sprinkler/standpipe systems. This will include preparation of engineering calculations, equipment selections, layouts, risers and specifications.
- Coordinate with other design team members including architects, structural engineers, HVAC and electrical engineers to ensure plumbing and fire protection systems are integrated with all trades on subject projects.
- Review construction shop drawings and respond to construction RFIs.
- Continually update on-the-job knowledge and technical expertise by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in technical organizations and obtaining certifications in area of expertise.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant project design experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) from an accredited engineering program or equivalent experience is required
- EIT certification or PE license (P.E.) is preferred, or we will assist in obtaining.
- LEED Accreditation is desirable, or we will assist in obtaining.
- Experience with Passive House design or Enterprise Green Communities is a plus.
- Certifications in areas of expertise are preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of governing codes in NY, NYC and NJ
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and flexibly adapt to dynamic project environments
- Proficient in AutoCAD, experience with Revit is preferred
What we offer:
• Extremely competitive salary; commensurate with experience and education
• Performance-based bonus and growth opportunities
• Comprehensive benefits package including health care insurance, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k plan
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button