Hospitalized Patient Care Technician for Specialty and Emergency Veterinary Hospital
JOIN OUR FAMILY!
VCA Animal Care Center of Sonoma County
6470 Redwood Dr, Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Are you ready for the next step of your career? We are seeking a talented Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our hospitalized patient care team! Expand you critical care skills, care for wide variety of hospitalized patients from our specialty and emergency departments. The ideal technician will have excellent critical thinking and decision making abilities. We are currently looking for an early morning shift starting at 5 or 6AM and a swing shift starting at noon or 2pm.
Located near Santa Rosa, at VCA Animal Care Center of Sonoma County, you will be joining a 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital that has been caring for the pets of our community for over 40 years. We value a culture of teamwork with a positive and fun work environment. We are committed to excellence and exemplary care of pets and their human companions. We can only achieve this commitment through our passionate and dedicated team. Our leadership team is devoted to maintaining a supportive and compassionate work environment.
Here is what we will offer you:
* $3000 sign on bonus for licensed technicians
* Educational support to reach your career goals
* Encouragement of professional growth and advancement - VTS support
* Supportive learning environment
* $3/hour additional for weekend shifts
* 4 - 10 hour shifts
* Opportunities for overtime
* Competitive compensation - up to $30 / hour
Our hospital is fully equipped with advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipment that includes oxygen chambers, MRI, CT, ultrasound, endoscopy and fluoroscopy. With access to a wide variety of equipment and resources, you will be able to provide the highest quality care to our patients.
Why Join The VCA Animal Care Center family?
We are passionate about supporting Veterinary Technicians and are committed to your continuing education and personal career development. VCA is a community of dedicated professionals that will encourage you to explore everything a Veterinary Technician career has to offer. At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We support a work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve. Below are some of the many benefits of joining our team:
* Employee Assistance Program
* Access to Emotional Health support
* Health & wellbeing resources
* 401K with company match
* Medical, Dental and vision insurance
* Penn Foster Scholarships available
* $750 annual Continuing Education allowance for licensed technicians
* Substantial employee pet discounts
* Scrub allowance
* Provide daily snacks and drinks
* Flexible schedule
Why We Want You!
As a member of the VCA team, you will support Technician and Doctor teams by creating a positive, welcoming atmosphere for our clients and patients. Our mission is to earn the trust of every pet parent-by delivering an outstanding client experience-so we can provide exceptional care to every patient. You've worked hard for your credentials (CVT, RVT, LVT) and we will give you the freedom to use the knowledge that you've invested your time and talent in. Some of the skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
* Physical examinations and critical patient assessment
* Radiology - Hands Free for all patients
* Advanced venipuncture and venous access
* Critical patient husbandry and treatments
* Variety of diagnostics
Are you ready to be a part of a hospital team that feels like family, while having the support and resources to push your career forward? If so, we would love to connect with you!
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Emergecy (Healthcare)
- Emergency Departments
- Health Facilities
- Intensive Care Unit