The Area Sales Manager is responsible for working closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, the Chief Strategy Officer, and the National Retail Sales Director to execute Amerant Mortgage’s national sales strategy. Recruiting, training, mentoring and development Mortgage Loan Officers will be the top priority for this role. This role will be the management role within the retail sales hierarchy and will be charged with (amongst a host of other things) attempting to resolve any issues that arise from retail sales team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Recruit, manage, & develop Mortgage Loan Officers (MLO)
- Meet or exceed monthly sales targets as detailed in the national retail sales strategy
- Ensure that all loan production offices, and MLOs remain profitable and take quick action to help remediate any that are underperforming
- Coordinate with COO, IT, Facilities, etc. all new loan production offices
- Ensure that all new MLOs have the proper on-boarding process and training
- Ensure smooth and effective pipeline management by working closely with the COO and Operations Manager
- Be prepared to represent Amerant Mortage at conventions, trade shows, and other public speaking events
- Represent the Bank and Amerant Mortgage with the highest level of integrity and professionalism
- Collaborate with EVP of Capital Markets and National Retail Sales Director to ensure that products and pricing are competitive and in-line with our peers/competitors
- Travel will be may be necessary. (subject to Amerant Mortgage’s travel policy)
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or higher preferred.
*** Applicant must be NMLS registered and provide the company with NMLS number or be willing to register in NMLS prior to employment being offered. Additionally, FBI Criminal Background and credit check must be successfully passed before job offer is presented.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
5+ years of prior Sales Manager experience in the local market.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Proficiency with mortgage system origination (such as E3, Encompass, Empower).
Proficiency using Microsoft Office 365 products including MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Teams, and MS PowerPoint
- Capital Markets
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Power Point