UGI Energy Services supplies and markets natural gas, liquid fuels, and electricity to 40,000 customer locations across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US.
We are a supplier, marketer, and midstream services provider – one backed by 135 years of natural gas experience, plus our own expanding energy infrastructure. Along with buying and selling energy commodities at the wholesale level, UGIES owns and operates key electric generation and midstream natural gas assets throughout Pennsylvania.
With headquarters and supply sources near the heart of the Marcellus Shale, UGIES is well positioned to meet the changing energy demands of commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers for years to come.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- Paid Vacation time starts with 3 weeks off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick time
- Short term & Long term disability
- Medical plan options from Aetna and Blue Cross
- Vision coverage from Vision Benefits of America
- Dental coverage from United Concordia
- Extended Maternity Leave - 8 weeks pay at 100% with the option of 2 more weeks paid at 100% or 4 weeks paid at 50%
- Paternity Leave - 2 weeks pay at 100% or 4 weeks pay at 50%
- Company provided 401K match of 100% of the employee's 6% contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement of 80% of tuition costs capped at $6,300 per year
- Pet Plan Insurance
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure, the Server Administrator will coordinate and work with production support teams in developing and maintaining a program that tracks the patching process ensuring patches are applied, tested and finally deployed in production environment in a controlled manner. This position will have to closely work with application owners ensuring the stability of our systems is not compromised when patches are applied. Initial responsibilities would include identifying and creating patch management and automation standards, documentation and procedures. This position will have to effectively communicate and provide prompt updates to both IT management and audit teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Develop, execute, and maintain a patch management program with well-defined standards, processes and procedures and adhere to Company’s Change Management Control processes.
- Responsible for performing patch assessment and make appropriate recommendations as and when applicable.
- Perform post-patching validation testing to confirm no impact to function or performance of applications.
- Provide process guidance and leadership to internal team members responsible for the patching and vulnerability remediation of systems and applications.
- Maintain current knowledge of available patches, decide appropriate patches for applications by working closely with infrastructure and application specialists, ensuring patches are accurately applied, tested and document all associated procedures
- Plan and Coordinate Patch schedules with Application and Infrastructure teams to ensure no conflicts are encountered.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities with the focus on reducing potential impacts.
- Review and track status reporting of vulnerability remediation with the security team.
- Collaborate and coordinate remediation plans and activities and provide consistent reporting for governance purposes.
- Develop and improve KPIs, metrics, and trend analysis for vulnerability management functions.
- Proactively work with other team members to manage systematic scanning of networks, systems, and applications seeking ways to prevent and improve the integrity of UGIES sensitive information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in managing and operating the Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Strong Data Exchange, EDI background desired, supporting Enterprise level environment.
- Experience with various patch management tools.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Basic administration of Windows Server 2012, 2012R2, 2016 and 2019.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- At least 3 + years in patch/vulnerability management.
- At least 2 or more years’ experience developing remediation plans for vulnerability management, including Application Security and Vulnerability Scanning.
- Project Management Experience.
UGI Energy Services, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
- Application Security
- Change Management