To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Commerce, CA
- Penny Lane Centers
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Penny Lane Centers • Commerce, CA
Posted 1 month ago
We are seeking individuals to join our team who have high standards and a desire to positively impact the lives of others.
The LVN provides assessment and supportive services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. The LVN will be working within the context of a team to provide support and linkage to Intensive Services Foster Care Special Health (ISFCSH) children/youth and Resource Parents. The LVN works collaboratively with the team to assess and link the clients to needed medical services and coordinate all the services with the Resource Parents. The LVN will have 24/7 on-call duties to respond to medical crisis and health related questions. The LVN documents all services according to DCFS and Penny Lane guidelines.
The LVN is detail oriented, has great client service skills, as part of the ISFCSH team, consisting of the Resource Parent, CSW PL Social Worker, Therapist, Supervisor, Physician and the Psychiatrist, as needed. The staff in this position will demonstrate positive communication skills to keep the team informed of the needs of the child/youth.
Position Location: Commerce, CA
Salary Range: $20.00 up to $24.72 per hour
Additional $1.00 per hour Bilingual Spanish Differential
Position Status: Part Time
- Graduation from an accredited LVN or LPN program. Must have current Licensure with California Board of Vocational Nursing in good standing.
- And a minimum of 1 year of experience working with neonatal and pediatric care.
- Knowledge of Brain based Trauma and children's behavioral special needs.
- Understanding of foster care, adoption, community network and resource development; development and coordination of classes, training and support groups for foster/adopt parents.
- Current CPR/BLS certificate is required.
- Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting preferred.
- Two years of experience with pediatric and children's medicine is preferred.
- Understanding of psychotropic medication is preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish Required.
- Valid California driver's license; current automobile insurance; have and maintain a clean driving record acceptable to the organization's insurance company; have immediate access to his or her vehicle during work hours