At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support and respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team supporting the Risk Management department as a Coordinator. Working together, you’ll bring your expertise, compassion and excellence to all we do. This is an ideal role for a solid patient advocate, someone with a passion for customer service, able to work autonomously while interacting with all levels in the organization. This Coordinator role is located in Torrey Pines area at our Scripps Green Hospital location.
The Coordinator will provide risk management services including planning, developing, monitoring, entering and reporting data from the database related to patient relations and privacy disclosures. Other duties include:
- Providing follow up on events and works toward process improvement with the different departments.
- Assists with claims management including monitoring and resolving patient relations cases in coordination with site risk manager.
- Advocate for concerned patient and family members during or after their stay, or receipt of service in the facility. Listens to issues, investigates concerns, and provides feedback to requesting individual(s).
- Routinely responsible for writing letters and preparing reports.
This is a Part Time position (20 hours per week) and located at our Scripps Green Hospital in the Torrey Pines area. QualificationsRequired Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- Associates of Science degree or three years' relevant experience.
- Additional training or education in behavioral health, patient advocacy and /or risk management.
- Work experience in a medical environment and demonstrated understanding of medical terminology.
- Word processing skills and ability to write letters on behalf of the organization.
- Four years successful hospital or health care agency advocacy and /or risk management experience required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to make another individual feel comfortable, ability to inspire confidence quickly.
- Ability to design data collection systems, analyze and trend data and present trends to management staff.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments.
- Word processing and data base experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work with highly confidential materials in a secure and discreet manner required.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral health sciences, or a combination related degree and advocacy experience.
- Experience with regulatory affairs and litigation.
- Conflict resolution training.
- Ability to utilize Excel or other data base and depict graphed information.
- ARM (Associate in Risk Management)
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for, only San Diego-based company and Becker’s Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Job:
Quality / Performance Improvement / Risk ManagementPrimary Location:
Central San Diego County-LA JOLLA-SCRIPPS GREEN HOSPITALWork Locations:
SCRIPPS GREEN HOSPITAL (100_310)
10666 N. TORREY PINES ROAD
LA JOLLA, 92037Organization:
Scripps Green HospitalJob Posting:
Jun 14, 2019, 11:53:35 AMBenefit Status:
PT - PART-TIME WITH BENEFITS
Training And Development