You belong here! At Family Health West, you’re more than an employee, you’re family.
When you enter our facility, you know it’s Family Health West because, well, the color speaks for itself. You’ll be part of a team that strives to bring color to care in a vibrant environment by creating fun, effective treatment programs helping to empower and inspire our patients while providing the tools and care they need to achieve their wellness goals.
When we say you’ll do what you love, we mean it! Welcomed by open arms and warm smiles, you’ll join a team that encourages professional growth. We are sure to put on our listening ears when you share new ideas and approaches to care because that’s what got us to the top! You’ll wear your badge proudly, knowing that you contribute each day, to providing care that is unmatched, in western Colorado.
So, what are you waiting for?! Fill out the application now, and when you hit send do a little happy dance knowing that you just made our day. If it still sounds too good to be true, come see for yourself. Call us to schedule a tour and meet your new best friends!
About Family Health West
Our roots go deep -- founded by the community in 1946, it’s no wonder our hospital feels like coming home. We were built from the ground up with the hands of our own community, a labor of dedication and hope by our people, for our people, for the future.
At Family Health West we go beyond what corporate hospitals deliver, we’ve created a culture of prosperity where warmth, passion, and care flourishes. As we focus on continually improving outcomes for patients, our network of healthcare providers includes a 25-bed critical access hospital, one of the largest rehab providers in western Colorado, outpatient surgical services, specialty clinics, emergency services, skilled nursing, and assisted living facilities.
Nestled at the base of the Colorado National Monument, Family Health West has an outdoor paradise at your back door. The community culture is fitting for outdoor lovers, bikers, hikers, or those just simply soaking in the panoramic views.
- Checks schedule each day to confirm work day schedule. (Schedules are subject to change).
- Reliable and punctual attendance is essential; expected to be at job as scheduled each scheduled day.
- Accurately and truthfully complete patient records in a timely manner.
- Work harmoniously with Physician and Clerical staff to meet all patient needs.
- Take and record vital signs, height/weight, intake/output, collection of routine urine specimens, monitors/records elimination.
- Demonstrate the ability and skill to provide medical assistance to patients at the direction of the Physician and within scope of practice as it applies to medical training.
- May carry out therapeutic measures under the direction of the Physician (such as changes of bandages, suture removal, splint application, and/or application of heat or cold, etc.)
- Assist with transporting patient, within the facility, for x-ray, CT and/or lab services. Will assist with transporting patient to and from patient’s vehicle or patients designed method of transportation.
- Assist with transfers or admissions to other physicians or facilities.
- Shall ensure that all education of continuing education requirements and preventive medicine changes are up to date which shall include but not be limited to, vaccines (adult and pediatric), mammogram, PAP, colonoscopy and any other changes in preventive patient needs.
- Works collaboratively with clinic staff on programs to improve patient outcomes.
- Provide patient education as directed by the physician.
- Complete daily routine assignments.
- Assist with coordination of work with Clinical Nurse Manager/Clinical Staff Manager for follow up on missed appointments, reminder calls, lost toe care calls, and high risk referrals. Track abnormal PAPS and mammograms using 121 and ensure proper patient follow up and referrals as assigned by the Clinical Nurse Manger/Clinical Staff Manager.
- Serve as back up for clinical team members as needed including vacations, illnesses, lunches, etc.
- Help in development of education and in service for staff under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager/Clinical Staff Manger.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Current Medical Assistant Certification and/or Registration required through an accredited organization (i.e. AMT, AAMA, NHA, etc.)
Current BLS Certification.
Must have a minimum of one year experience or related education in hands-on medical assisting duties. Preferred six (6) months medical assistant scribe experience.
Wage Range :The wage range for this position is $18.50 - $24.86
Immunizations required for employment, including COVID-19.
FHW offers a full benefits package including:
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Employee Assistance Program
403 (B) with 4% match from FHW and zero day vesting schedule
FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES WORKING AT LEAST 30 HOURS A WEEK
Medical Plan Options:
I. PPO plan with copay/coinsurance and lower deductible
II. High Deductible Health Plan with the option for a Health Savings Account.
III. Telemedicine includes in both plan options.
Life Insurance/ Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Disability Insurance with a Short and Long Term Option.
Critical Illness and Accident Plans
Cafeteria Options: Health Reimbursement/ Flex Savings / Dependent Childcare
A host of other options to include: Pet Insurance, Identity Protection, Travel protection,
Licenses & Certifications
- Cert - BLS
- Cert - Reg Med Asst
- Clinical Nursing
- Clinical Works
- Diseases And Disorders
- Patient Assessment