Our Finance and Accounting team is looking for a Staff Accountant
to help in supporting all aspects of accounting for GHD's North American entities. This position will temporarily be out of our Cazenovia, NY
office as we will be moving to our new office location in East Syracuse, NY
in February 2020.Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis for individual and consolidated USA companies
- Assist the Controller in leading external audits of financial documents
- Work with the Controller to develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Daily cash flow monitoring and bank reconciliations
- Handle intercompany transactions to minimize interest expense
- Manage fixed assets and provide monthly and yearly reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Controller
Our commitment to you
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's Degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance
- Accounting designation preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of accounting experience; public accounting experience a plus
- Experience working in a Fixed Asset program (i.e. Sage, etc.)
- Strong Knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Strong social and interpersonal skills with outstanding analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A self-starter who is highly organized
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our ownAbout GHD
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
International Financial Reporting Standards