Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
General Job description:
- The position is responsible for the functionality, operation and maintenance of electrical automation and control technology in the manufacturing process throughout the entire company.
- Troubleshoots, installs or replaces programmable automation and controls equipment.
- Troubleshoots, installs or replaces variable frequency drives in stand-alone applications as well as integrating into existing systems.
- Solves process control related problems (control cycles, PID loops) in existing programs.
- Troubleshoots automation networks (Controls component as well as servers – client network).
- Supports manufacturing process by providing technical support for manufacturing operations.
- Installs, replaces and calibrates field instrumentation including RTDs, thermocouples, flow meters, and pressure transducers, stand-alone PID controllers, web guiders, Thickness measurements
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Ability read and understand technical documents and instructions such as blue prints, electrical schematics, ladder logic programming, troubleshooting and repair manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to move oneself freely throughout a manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to Climb to a height of 120 feet.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, kneel, and assume awkward positions as is dictated by worksite.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift plant equipment weighing in excess of 100 pounds.
- Must have the ability to read and write in Basic English.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customer and to build effective working relationship with diverse work groups.
- Must be able to use standard electrical test equipment.
- Proficient in performing basic math calculations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, including fractions and decimals.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or its equivalency in electrical technology from accredited school or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and experience to perform the essential functions of the job
- Demonstrated proficiency in process\control automation.
- Five or more years recent experience in repairing, maintaining and installing electrical equipment, systems or application.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and publications.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, CAD, ladder logic software, HMI development software and other systems. In-depth knowledge electrical -code, most effective technology, and proficient using all applicable tools and equipment.
- Commitment to company values
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
Experience with Siemens products would be a plus. Master, Micro master drives and Step 7 environments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment could be high. May be required to work in high elevations.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Human Computer Interaction