To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Coppell, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Operational Excellence - District 10
Brinks Incorporated • Coppell, TX
Posted 1 day ago
Brink’s is the world’s largest cash management company. Our customers, in over 100 countries, include financial institutions, retailers, government agencies (including central banks and mints), jewelers and other commercial operations around the world.
With over $3B in annual revenue and 60,700 dedicated employees in more than 40 countries, Brink’s has true global reach and a reputation as the most reliable name in the industry.
At Brink’s our culture is about living our Values of Safety, Customer Focus, Integrity, Engagement and Continuous Improvement every day, which makes a difference for our employees and our customers. Our values ensure that we work safely to protect ourselves and others, deliver successful customer solutions, always display the highest standards of ethics, and use technology to achieve results. We have a challenging opportunity for a Director, Operational Excellence.
The Director of Operations Excellence is responsible for driving achievement of Brink’s Cash-In-Transit (CIT) quality goals, Lean deployment/standardization, and execution of strategic projects and initiatives across all local branches within their assigned CIT district.
The Director position reports through the CIT organization, taking direction from the Lean Strategy team to ensure consistency of deployment and execution of process standards. The position is domiciled at a Brink’s facility within the assigned district, and supports the CIT District Vice-President in these key focus areas:
CIT Quality Champion
• The primary objective for the Director of Operations Excellence is quality - driving the District’s CIT performance towards zero defects
• Weekly CIT performance measurement & management across all branches within the District is a core responsibility; key metrics will be tracked and displayed within every branch using standard visual management tools (Lean Wall display, Status at a Glance boards)
• Rigorous and regular employment of standard Lean problem solving tools (data analytics/Pareto charting, Fishbone diagramming, 5 Why’s, 8D, and A3) and Kaizen to address performance shortcomings and drive rapid process and performance improvement
• Identify, assess/validate, document and share local best practices for potential company-wide adoption and standardization
Builds Lean culture and capabilities at local level
• Partners with the Branch leaders (CIT, ATM) in their District to build Lean culture and capability at all levels
• Standardization: establishes environment in which standard work is the basis for continuous process improvement
• Responsible for individual Lean Leader certification and Branch Lean certifications within assigned District
• Applies standard “Learn / Do” approach in coaching/mentoring branch local leadership teams; teaching others will be one of the most important duties for this role
• Trusts but verifies: conducts Safety/Security/5S and Standard Work Instruction Compliance audits at every branch in assigned district
• Behavior-based leadership: uses Influencer methodology to drive change management success at branch/district level
Serves as program manager to deliver on strategic initiatives
• Partners with local branches in their District to implement strategic CIT projects
• Ensures that all branches provide timely information, deliverables and execution per program schedules
• Acts as the highest point of escalation for program issues
• Regularly reports to DVP and Lean Leadership on program execution and KPIs
Builds and maintains strong customer relationships
• Lead collaborative efforts with CIT leadership, local branches and customers to proactively address Voice of Customer concerns and operative challenges via the standard Lean cycle of improvement (VSM – CIR – Kaizen)
• Takes initiative to directly support and solve both short-term and chronic Voice of Customer issues
CIT Branch & District Leadership Support
• Able to serve as or to augment branch leadership as necessary during periods of transition and under business continuity plan conditions (severe weather, hurricanes, flooding, etc.).
• Attend meetings and covers district needs in absence of DVP (backfill during travel, vacations, etc.)
• The ideal candidate will have experience and a track record for successfully executing strategic projects, from start to finish, in complex operations and in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to champion and utilize LEAN principles and tools to solve problems, reduce waste, improve profitability, quality, performance and create alignment
o Experience in deploying Lean in an operations environment
• Armored / Cash in Transit industry experience
o Leadership experience as Branch Managers or Route Logistics Managers is required for this position
• Brink’s Bronze or Silver Lean Leader certification a strong plus
• BA/BS degree in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering or related professional field; commensurate direct experience in lieu of degree will also be considered.
• Interpretation: ability to translate strategic direction into tactical deliverables that are readily embraced and implemented
• Commitment: willingness to directly engage in the operational environment, roll up sleeves and lead by example whenever necessary
• Approach: team-oriented, willing to learn and share every day
• Focus: process-centric; inquisitive / always asking “why?”; high detail orientation
• Communications: exceptional written & verbal communication skills; ability to respectfully speak plainly to all parties/levels as required by situation
• Influence: ability to drive change across a diverse group of stakeholders
• Leadership & Courage: ready to step in and support District operations as required by situation; readily demonstrates Integrity core value by identifying, escalating and addressing safety and security issues
• Demeanor: positive, calm/steady under pressure
• Sense of urgency: self-motivated and results-driven
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.