We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.Job Responsibilities/Duties
The Nurse Manager has 24/7 leadership responsibility for all clinical, staffing, quality, and financial management for the unit(s). Ensures compliance with performance improvement process and all regulatory bodies. Ensures an effective patient care delivery system that is compliant and consistent with standards of practice. Implements strategies, processes, and standards to ensure operations support the key organizational and departmental initiatives such as quality of care, patient safety, and patient satisfaction. Promotes collegial relationships between the unit and other departments or disciplines across the hospital. Responsible for employee coaching, training, hiring, counseling/discipline, performance assessment and payroll processes.
- Oversees and coordinates the daily operations of the unit, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they occur. Demonstrates advanced level of clinical expertise, strong leadership and collaborative skills in dealing with staff and members of the healthcare team. Handles scheduling/staffing, coaching, training, hiring, firing, counseling, performance evaluations and competencies, and payroll process. Effectively manages staff in compliance with applicable regulatory bodies, and all established policies, procedures and legal guidelines.
- Effectively and efficiently manages bed and patient placement by coordinating patient throughput. Ensures appropriate and safe staffing levels. Oversees contract labor, including appropriate credentialing, orientation and evaluation. Consistently ensures nursing practice is evidence based, within scope of licensure and compliant with hospital wide standards of nursing care. Ensures institutional compliance with professional, accrediting and regulatory standards of care. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Administers patient medications, treatments and procedures in a safe, effective and age appropriate manner, as applicable. Recognizes changes in patient conditions, taking appropriate action and documenting intervention. Effectively collaborates with the health care team to intervene, and advocate as necessary. Intervenes appropriately in instances of abuse, assault or neglect, or when adequate financial or social resources are not available. Makes appropriate referrals to resolve patient issues effectively.
- Collaborates with staff and members of the healthcare team, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines and support staff. Delegates patient care activities to appropriate members of the healthcare team, provides effective leadership and ensures that care is safe and of high quality. Acts as a source of information and articulately responds to questions, providing resources, guidance, and education about diagnosis and course of treatment. Ensures accurate teaching and safe discharge process.
- Empathizes with patient, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, or ethnic background. Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out relationships with the patient, patients' support system and healthcare team.
- Provides effective oversight and guidance of staff and operations to ensure quality patient care, including audits of activities and documentation. Actively participates in performance improvement process. Appropriately educates and mentors. Ensures compliance with applicable policies and standards of patient care. Demonstrates problem-solving, critical thinking, and prioritization of work to resolve issues as they arise in an appropriate and timely manner.
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing required. Master's degree in nursing, business, ore related field preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of nursing experience with a minimum of one (1) year in a leadership role in a hospital environment required. Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks. Understanding of patient classification and staffing requirements for the patient population. Previous Pediatric Experience or Pediatric Class within 6 months of hire (Foothill only) required. Two (2) years of unit specific experience preferred. Two (2) years of progressive management experience in a hospital environment preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support and AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (Foothill Only) required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. Certified Nurse Manager Leader (CNML) or specialty area certification preferred.
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
How to Apply
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit URL blocked - click to apply and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: URL blocked - click to apply
Keywords: Nurse Management, RN Manager, Nursing Admin, Administration.
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)