Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Senior Contracting Specialist (PSC Team Lead)
This position will support the Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), an office within USAID that is responsible for providing emergency non-food humanitarian assistance in response to international crises and disasters. OFDA is part of the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) and is organized into six divisions. To successfully execute its mandate, OFDA is comprised of a professional team of staff including senior managers, experienced disaster responders, and technical experts, working to implement OFDA’s mandate at OFDA’s headquarters in Washington, DC and in regional and country offices, Combatant Commands, and coordination hubs strategically located around the world.
The primary duties of this position are to implement and execute an effective and strategic pre-award contract process of U.S Personal Services Contractors (USPSCs) and other possible mechanisms; participate in the engagement and retention of candidates and to participate in a variety of staffing projects. In performing these primary duties, the individual will exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to helping to translate company goals into action plans, reinforcing the culture and values, assisting with resolving a variety of recruitment issues and implementing policies, guidelines, and plans.
Key Internal Interfaces: OFDA PSC Acquisition Team, OFDA Senior Managers
Key External Interfaces: PSC Candidates
Individual will serve as a Deputy to the PSC Contracts Manager supporting PSC Recruitment for the US Agency for International Development’s Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance.
Key Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Develop and implement a recruitment plan focused on acquiring high quality talent, in a timely manner, while controlling costs; develop full pre-award standard operating procedures and processes to ensure consistency in outcomes; participate in relevant job fairs, career days, other recruitment events; develop recruitment documents for external audiences; and ensure all recruitment activities are in compliance with all legal and procurement requirements. Identify a variety of appropriate sources to post positions, monitor and evaluate results over time and make changes as needed. Identify recruitment events that could provide quality candidates for the agency and decrease the cost of hiring. Identify and recommend the strategic engagement of OFDA staff to attend events and engage in recruitment activities.
- Present a professional image to all candidates. Counsel and work closely with internal hiring managers throughout the pre-award contract process. Assist managers in following a behavioral interviewing model, as needed. Ensure that pre-award contract processes are followed according to USAID PSC policies and procedures, including serving as technical expert in advising internal hiring committees, facilitating the development of related documents (solicitations, , selection memos), facilitating the entire pre-award process from solicitation through selection, resolving committee issues effectively as they arise, reviewing/editing source selection memos and drafting debrief letters.
- Mentor, coach and develop Recruiters.
- Build trusting and open relationships with both employees and management. Apply appropriate employment laws, USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) guidelines and policies to the hiring process. Ensure all employment practices are in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, meet policies and procedures, and any other legal requirements contained in USAID’s AIDAR and the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR).
- Analyze a variety of metrics to measure value creation of programs to ensure value to the organization (i.e., cost per hire, length to fill job, quality of hire, financial metrics etc.). Report on specific performance against metrics on a monthly basis; propose changes to improve performance.
- Lead several recruitment outreach events on an annual basis. Aid Recruiters and advise hiring managers in developing effective and strategic sourcing plans, especially for critical and/or hard to fill positions.
- Utilizes Applicant Tracking System and effective sourcing techniques to identify the right candidate for the right job.
- Regularly attend and effectively engage in industry networking events.
- Coordinate employment events with OFDA Customer groups.
- Conduct thorough reference checks on all candidates.
- Maintain and provide weekly updates of recruiting efforts and needs, if required, in addition to monthly and quarterly reports and ad hoc reports.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of relevant experience; or
- MS/MA/MB with 12 years of relevant experience; or
- JD/ABD with 10 years of relevant experience; or
- Ph.D. with 8 years of relevant experience; or
- Less than BS/BA with 20 years of relevant experience
- Must have 10 years of relevant and extensive contracts experience with a proven track record.
- Experience working with USAID USG, State Department and Embassies strongly preferred.
- Procurement experience with USG contracts in particular Personal Service Contracts is preferred.
- Experience with USPSC recruitment preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of ADS, AIDAR, FAR and other relevant policies and regulations required.
- Must have management experience leading and supervising staff and be committed to customer service.
- Should be knowledgeable with USAID roles and responsibilities and competencies for specific positions.
- Should be knowledgeable on the pre-award contract process as it pertains to upholding procurement integrity.
- Must be familiar with FAR, ADS and relevant OMB circulars.
- Must be reliable, highly organized, motivated, and committed to customer service. Must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and be able to effectively shift priorities, accomplish goals, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) or equivalent. Should have knowledge with social media recruiting and talent sourcing using talent-rich portals.
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skill to relate to all levels of the organization and be a team player; encourage teamwork and a sense of partnership.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to respond to issues with creative problem solving, be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and to create and analyze a variety of metrics.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills to express ideas verbally and in writing, document procedures, and professionally represent the organization to internal and external parties.
- Must possess excellent judgment and decision making skills to provide resolutions when conflict occurs, ensuring actions are legal, fair, and consistent with USAID’s policies and procedures.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently, and exhibit a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and commit to an action after developing tentative course of actions that are based on logical assumptions.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects PAE's assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated