Summary: Provides appropriate training, instruction, and supervision to consumers enrolled in Adult Day Care Program.
Immediate Supervisor: Facility Director or designee.
Primary Contacts: Elwyn consumers, personnel and members of the interdisciplinary team.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- One year experience working directly with disabled persons.
- Valid Driver's License and three (3) years driving experience required.
- High School Graduate; or a general education development certificate.
Physical Demands: Moderate. No lifting restrictions
Environmental Working Conditions and Hazards: No disagreeable aspects. Possibility of injury from assisting in use of physical restraint or lifting consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties in an independent manner, with little or no need for direct supervision.
- Seeks out work that needs to done and assists others as requested.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares for and instructs consumers in a specific training or activity area as assigned.
- Assists with the development and implementation of individual written program plans.
- Completes or assists in the completion of consumer assessments.
- Assists with the orientation process of consumers as required.
- Records consumer attendance and reports absenteeism to designated personnel.
- Completes all required forms and reports in a timely manner.
- Assumes responsibility y for consumer services such as lunch duty and transportation duty.
- Provides supervision of consumers effectively. Observes all fire and safety procedures including good housekeeping policies.
- Requisitions materials and supplies as needed Assists with the development of curriculum
- Attends & participates in staff meetings, team meetings and staff development programs as required Maintains program supplies and materials in sanitary and safe condition.
- Participates in the personal and physical care of consumers.
- Utilizes behavior management techniques when necessary.
- Reliable in performance of all duties.
- Drives clients to community activities as needed.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
MON #CB #ZR
keywords: melmark, blossom, devereux, bancroft, merakey, direct support, direct care, DSP, direct care, HHA, certified nursing assistant, CNA, fair acres, behavioral health, mental health, nursing home, hospital, jefferson, aria, einstein, abington, temple, frankford, hup, hospital of university of pennsylvania, hahnemann, waitress, hotels, restaurants, airlines, Marriott, caregiver , aide, babysitter, orderly, attendant, health care, healthcare, seniors, direct support professional, home health aide, food server, cook, jaintor, waiter, bus boy, kencrest, cades,community options, keystone, caregiver, McDonalds, Burger King, Chick-Fil-A, Red Lobster, Wawa, Wendy's, Sonic, Uber, Lyft, Pizza Hut, Dominos, airlines, Direct Support Professional, DSP, Residential Counselor, RC, Residential Aide, Aide, Direct, Support, Residential, IDD, Intellectual Disability, Mental Health, MH, 1:1, home health, social services assistant, health care, counselor, human services, assistant, caregiver, social services assistant, caregiver, supermarkets, Aldi, ShopRite, Fresh Grocer, Giant, Save-A-Lot, Acme, BJs, Malls, Life Path, Growth Horizons, Shared Values, Community Options Inc., Volunteers of America of Pennsylvania, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, Casmir Cares Services, Umbrella Functional Consulting & Support Team, Help at Home, Resources For Human Development, Inc., Flight Attendants, Regal Movie Theater, Regal Entertainment, Movie Theathers
- Safety Principles
- Physical Restraint
- Customer Service