Performs the primary function of coding inpatients and/or outpatient records, to include MS-DRG assignment and validation, and CPT assignment. Utilizes the 3M Encoder to code and classify accurately all medical records according to ICD-10. Responsible and accountable for maintaining performance skills. Serves as a mentor/resource for entry level coders.::
• High School graduate or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Education and training in medical coding (ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, and APC), medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, and coding principles.
• Minimum three years’ experience in coding required; 5-8 years experience Preferred.
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office applications and web-based programs) required.
• RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CIC credentials are required.
• Must successfully complete pre-employment assessment.
• Ability to work remotely. Must be able to provide high speed internet at place of residence at the expense of the employee, with a work area that is in adherence to privacy and security policies and procedures.::
Health Information Management
Registered Health Information Technician
Certified Professional Coder
Medical Billing And Coding