Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Maintenance Technician safely performs preventive maintenance procedures on bakery processing equipment and building maintenance to ensure equipment efficiency and reliability.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA:
- Great starting pay: $23.60-28.10/hour! (depending on experience)
- Excellent UNION benefits package!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Sign-On Bonus Details:
- Employees hired July11th, 2021 through December 31st, 2021
$1,000 after completion of 6 months of employment (26 weeks/1,040 hours)
- Additional $1,000 after completion of 1 year employment (52 weeks/2,080 hours)
**Bonus will be subject to applicable withholdings, other restrictions may apply
Key Job Responsibilities:
- You will support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
- You will analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues).
- You will perform mechanical, electrical maintenance and repairs on production machinery and facility support equipment.
- You will inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and validate work performed.
- You will ensure safety by following all company policies including safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety standards, food safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
- You will troubleshoot equipment as well as plant electrical/mechanical systems and develop sustainable solutions accordingly.
- You will complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work orders, detailed logs and have good communication skills across all groups/departments.
- You will assist with equipment change overs and line startups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
- You will identify required parts, maintain current inventories and parts reorder lists.
- You will assure that all products are manufactured to the highest standard of quality.
- You will grow maintenance and leadership skill sets through assigned training.
- You will perform Hot Work/Welding.
- You will troubleshoot and repair electromechanical systems, electrical motors, electrical motor controls, pumps, combustion systems, compressed air systems, basic plumbing, piping, boilers, bearings, seals, gaskets gear boxes, sprockets/chains, belts, clutches, bearings, brakes, power transmissions.
- You will use all power tools, hand tools, drill presses, shop tools, etc.
- You will read and interpret documents (electrical prints, schematics, diagrams, etc.) in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, procedure manuals and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- You will work from drawings, schematics, sketches and through verbal communication.
- You are able to learn and apply the principles of the BBU Maintenance and Manufacturing Standards, including lean tools, concept of continuous improvement, Reliability, process capability and operational discipline.
- You will identify and record department KPI data.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change and report to supervision the status of each as needed.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills; SAP, Oracle, CPD preferred, to process work orders and associated maintenance documentation.
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on improving efficiencies while decreasing waste, also provides suggestions to improve processes and participates on team projects.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- 2-3 years industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing or food processing environment. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting knowledge.
- Programmable Logic Control troubleshooting experience is preferred.
- Welding, plumbing, and pipe fitting experience.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time (except for break and lunch periods), climb, perform repetitive motions, and work in a dusty, loud and hot environment. Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and vibration.
- Tasks require working from a ladder or elevated platform and in confined spaces such as ovens, proof box and bulk storage bins or tanks.
- Must have good written and oral English language communication skills.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to work 8+ hour shifts, irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off) and work nights, holidays and weekends (frequently required).
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Internal Title: Maintenance Technician
Keywords: Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Electrician, Industrial Mechanic, Industrial Technician, Industrial Electrician, Facilities Maintenance, Facilities Mechanic, Facilities Technician, Maintenance Technician, Industrial Maintenance
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Personal Protective Equipment