JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
- Average pay: $14.25 per hour.
- Benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance begin after your 60th day.
- 401(k) begins after your 90th day, with annual company match.
- Schedule: 7 days a week operation - work 5 days/ 8 hours a day
- General description: The Warehouse Specialist-Freezer prepares product for shipment to customers, working specifically in the freezer area of the warehouse.
McLane Foodservice Rocky Mount 07 is located in Nash County, North Carolina. It serves customers in the southeastern and mid-atlantic portions of the United States.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 124 years of success. We’re looking for teammates with perseverance who don’t mind taking the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we’ll pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receive labels from a supervisor for selecting purposes and product identification.
- Use an electric pallet jack to transport product.
- Stack product neatly on a wooden pallet, placing heavy products at the bottom of the pallet.
- Keep orders together or separate as appropriate if there is more than one order on a pallet.
- Correctly label product so the label can be seen on the outside of the pallet.
- Stage full pallets for loading.
- Identify each pallet by route number, batch number, and initials.
- Meet specified goals for throughput and accuracy.
- Additional duties or special projects may be assigned at the supervisor's discretion.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a pallet jack license or successfully complete a training program within a specified period of time.
- Be able to lift up to 100 pounds and bend and lift on a regular basis.
- Undergo pre-employment screenings, including but not limited to a background check and a drug test.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Off The Record Messaging
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 20687
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
McLane is one of the most successful supply chain services companies in the US for 3 simple reasons – we hire, foster and promote the most talented and passionate teammates on the planet.
Beyond competitive pay and outstanding benefits, we strive to create an environment for success, where Teammates can truly grow personally and professionally. That’s why the average tenure at McLane is close to 10 years and the majority of our leadership teams have been promoted from within.
We have a winning, growth-driven culture that focuses on the best and the brightest teammates. It’s also why our customers are some of the largest and most respected retailers in America, and the brands we deliver every single day are the ones you know and love.
At McLane there is a sense of pride and dedicated spirit among our teammates that comes from an environment of family and community. We recognize our teammates’ contributions with competitive pay, extensive benefits, industry-leading 401k profit sharing, professional development and much more. And we recognize the communities in which we operate by giving back. Nothing demonstrates this concept more than our dedication to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. In the past 28 years, our Teammates have collectively helped raise more than 90 million dollars to provide comfort, treatment and hope to individuals in the communities in which they work.
View the full profile
Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in your life and someone else’s by joining the McLane team today.