Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi, London and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 3,000 professionals. The Company’s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $30 billion, is made up of best-in-class developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all asset classes.
Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan luxury by introducing extraordinary residential rental properties in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City. With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new standards of excellence in the luxury rental marketplace. To ensure that every resident in every Related building enjoys the very finest services, unsurpassed amenities, and a luxury lifestyle without compromise, Related Companies takes great pride in managing every building it owns. Related owns and manages 261 Hudson, 456 Washington, Abington House, The Caledonia, The Easton, The Lyric, MiMA, One Carnegie Hill, One Union Square South, Riverwalk Crossing, Riverwalk Point, The Sierra, The Strathmore, The Tate, Tribeca Green, Tribeca Park, Tribeca Tower, The Westminster and The Westport in New York City (and manages 1214 Fifth Avenue and 89 Murray also in New York City), One Back Bay and The Arlington in Boston, 500 Lake Shore Drive and Landmark West Loop in Chicago, The Emerson in Los Angeles, The Paramount in San Francisco and One Hill South in Washington, D.C. Related also owns an extensive portfolio of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental developments underway across the country. For more information about Related Companies please visit URL blocked - click to apply
The Century was completed in late 2009, the building has 42 floors, making it the 22nd tallest building in Los Angeles. The 140 unit building was designed by Robert A.M. Stern Architects.
The Assistant General Manager is more specifically responsible for assisting the General Manager in maintaining all aspects of property operations, assist in the training, motivation and development of the concierges, maintenance, and office teams. You will be the key contact person for all resident requests providing unparalleled customer service at all times. You will also be involved in the financial aspects of the operations and capital projects. The expectation is that, over time, under the tutelage of a General Manager, the AGM will be prepared for and eligible to be considered for a GM position.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader and grow with us in an environment that is both challenging and rewarding. We are looking for someone who is inquisitive, energetic, hard-working, highly motivated and committed to providing superior resident service. Most importantly, we are looking for a dynamic person who will add the strength of their unique industry experience and personality to an already wonderful team of committed employees.
The Assistant General Manager’s areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists in the development and implementation of resident relation activities and events to enhance the residents’ appreciation of the building as a home.
- Provides administrative support with the resident web site, resident website access and letters, monthly mailings and other special projects as assigned by supervisory staff.
- Reads and answers resident emails generated through the resident web site.
- Ensure efficient and courteous response to all resident requests.
- Provides resolution to resident problems and on-going resident relations.
- In partnership with the building team members, serves as a liaison to the residents to foster good landlord/resident relationships.
- Handles all resident complaints expeditiously, diplomatically and professionally.
- Maintains accurate, efficient files for all site administration, including: operational procedure files, work-order files, etc.
- Prepares and processes appropriate written communications, i.e., memos, letters, insurance incident reports, etc.
- Manages accounts receivable.
- Coordinate the filing of legal proceedings in accordance with local ordinances.
- Maintains an up-to-date and accurate card key system and makes changes as needed.
- Maintains tracking mechanisms developed for follow-up of service requests.
- Special projects as assigned.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
- Five years of knowledge of property management compliance practice and procedures related to Class A Condominiums.
- Experience in budget preparation and financial reporting, with a strong understanding of building operational systems, documentation and administration
- Ability to manage a property as demonstrated by work experience including financial performance, customer service, communications, marketing, negotiation, crisis management, and staffing.
- Ability to analyze data/reports to develop solutions to sustain high standards of customer service, optimal revenue generation and effective expense management as demonstrated by business results in previous position.
- Ability to successfully resolve resident issues as demonstrated by work experience.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contracts with 3rd party service providers as demonstrated by previous work experience.
- Ability to supervise and develop employees and provide feedback and coaching to subordinates resulting in improved performance as demonstrated by experience in previous position.
SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; any day of the week, including being “on-call'.
- Ability to write and communicate professionally in English.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and sound decision-making.
- Ability to resolve residents’ concerns while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Ability to communicate professionally and adapt interpersonal skills to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork by assisting co-workers and direct reports.
- Ability to provide coaching to direct reports to develop their knowledge and skill-set.
- Ability to effectively convey ideas and influence the opinions of others.
- Ability to demonstrate computer literacy using Microsoft Office software.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback